PDA

View Full Version : Police take down Dark Web

Ickie
November 7th, 2014, 10:25
Police take down Dark Web
bout time

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/world/2014/11/07/police-knock-dark-web-markets-offline/18622501/

emfrat
November 7th, 2014, 10:48
Police take down Dark Web
bout time

Yes indeed!, and let's hope they also wipe out those search engines which proudly state they can find 'Dark Web' (aka 'Deep Web') websites that mainstream engines don't - as well as the people who promote them. :angryfire:

MikeW

Milton Shupe
November 8th, 2014, 09:47
Interesting! Never heard of this but happy they are gone.

KellyB
November 9th, 2014, 04:20
Good news. But the sad part is that other sites will be created and have to be found and destroyed. It is a function of the internet intended originally for secret, undetectable messaging by the military. Contrary to popular belief, Al Gore did NOT invent the internet; DARPA did, and it was originally called BitNet for those of us old enough to remember the days before pc's and mac's when you needed a mainframe to use it.

The battle will continue, and some really smart people will hunt down the bad guys in etherspace as is done on the streets.

Power and thanks to them.

Dumonceau
November 9th, 2014, 04:34
I have to agree with KellyB. You can take down certain sites, a lot of them even, but the dark net is impossible to take down completely. Just like it is impossible to take down the whole internet.

To take down the whole TOR network is simply impossible. And it is foolish to say that all the Tor users are croonies or even criminals. Tor simply is a good browser that you can use, free of charge when you do not want your identity plastered all over the internet and there is nothing wrong with that.

If the big corporations can use our internet behaviour for their financial gain, I see no reason whatsoever why we shouldn't deny them just that. I surf the net for info and entertainment and do not want to make some fat cat fatter in doing so.

It's just a matter of privacy.

This of course just MHO.

Dumonceau

Dangerousdave26
November 16th, 2014, 06:33
Like I have always said a tool is a tool until its misused.

There is nothing wrong with Tor it is a tool.