PDA

View Full Version : New D.H. 83 Fox Moth!

kikas
November 1st, 2014, 06:10
:redfire::redfire::redfire:
Run to flightsim and grab it while its hot, thank You Mr. Molyneaux!
http://www.flightsim.com/vbfs/fslib.php?do=search&fsec=0&fname=de_havilland_dh83_fox_moth_fs9.zip

molyned
November 1st, 2014, 07:02
My pleasure :) There are three aircraft in the package - G-ACEJ, G-ADHA & G-AOJH representing the three main canopy types.
As usual, the aircraft is built for FS9 but I'm informed will perform in FSX as well.
Cheers:ernaehrung004:
Dave M(oly)

peterwatkins2
November 1st, 2014, 07:38
Bravo for those three canopy types David! Opens up lots of repaint possibilities.

Peter:ernaehrung004:

kikas
November 1st, 2014, 09:49
And here's alternative prop textures, if anybody would like to try

Anthin
November 1st, 2014, 19:27
Thank you .
Will try it out tomorrow.
Anthin.

SPman
November 2nd, 2014, 20:26
Bugger - Flightsim seems to be unavailable. Are they open cockpit, British "Speed Moth" canopy and Canadian bubble canopy.

Helped a guy build 5 new Fox Moth fuselages, 30 yrs ago, so have an interest in the old girl....

peterwatkins2
November 5th, 2014, 11:49
Have started on a few Fox Moth paints - who can resist de Havilland?!
Screenshot taken in FSX.

ViperPilot2
November 5th, 2014, 13:06
Nice repaint, Peter!

Might I make a request for a US Civil repaint with an NC-number on the tail? I just thought of a great scenario for the Fox Moth
as a fictional US Mail plane, imported from the UK by a wealthy benefactor for use covering the Great Plains of the US...

Appreciate the work you're doing for an awesome freeware airplane!

:applause:

huub vink
November 5th, 2014, 13:16
Wow beautiful repaint Peter! :applause:

Cheers,
Huub

DaveB
November 5th, 2014, 14:24
Ahh.. Hillman. Far too few Hillman paints:encouragement:

ATB
DaveB:)

edmoore235
November 6th, 2014, 23:48
Greetings,
See the WIP picture, Garry is hard at work on some very nice repaints for the girl!!!

peterwatkins2
November 7th, 2014, 01:08
G-ABVI now finished and uploaded to FlightSim.com. Seperate uploads for FS2004 and FSX.

DaveB
November 7th, 2014, 01:37
Cheers Peter:encouragement:

ATB
DaveB:)

GarryJSmith
November 7th, 2014, 15:27
Hi Good People,

Edward just sent me a quick request to present a larger picture of the one he posted:wiggle:

So here it is - Edwards is planning a lot of liveries for this girl to be released in the new year - have done my test liveries and these are the results of my tinkering.

http://www.ford-tri-motor.net/de-Havilland83/Adverts/1st-DH83-Advert.jpg

Regards

kikas
November 14th, 2014, 06:45
:applause: Mr. Watkins has uploaded G-ACCB at flightsim.com, i wonder what are chances of seeing some Kiwi Fox Moths?

peterwatkins2
November 17th, 2014, 10:07
:applause: Mr. Watkins has uploaded G-ACCB at flightsim.com, i wonder what are chances of seeing some Kiwi Fox Moths?

How about this one? Just uploaded to FlightSim.com.More to follow!:ernaehrung004:

SPman
November 17th, 2014, 15:46
Aaaah - Stan Smith's DH83C in it's current incarnation.
I helped build the new fuselage on that one.....

GarryJSmith
November 17th, 2014, 16:02
Hi SPman, Thank you for your contributions on the model mate - we at the Ford Project appreciate the effort and hopefully our livery developments will do your hard work justice.:wiggle:

SPman
November 17th, 2014, 16:53
Hi SPman, Thank you for your contributions on the model mate - we at the Ford Project appreciate the effort and hopefully our livery developments will do your hard work justice.:wiggle:

On the model - no, not I - it was on the real thing.

GarryJSmith
November 17th, 2014, 17:14
No Worries - just my FS focus:wavey: - but Wow - that would have been even more fun - to be working on a genuine historical aircraft :wiggle:

mrogers
November 17th, 2014, 20:18
How about this one? Just uploaded to FlightSim.com.More to follow!:ernaehrung004:

Looks good!:ernaehrung004:
I was considering doing a ZK-APT repaint as well - I see someone has beaten me to it! Is ZK-ADI going to be done as well?

peterwatkins2
November 18th, 2014, 00:22
Looks good!:ernaehrung004:
I was considering doing a ZK-APT repaint as well - I see someone has beaten me to it! Is ZK-ADI going to be done as well?

In progress!!:ernaehrung004:

mrogers
November 18th, 2014, 00:31
In progress!!:ernaehrung004:

Cool!!
:ernaehrung004:

kikas
November 18th, 2014, 08:49
Got a ZK-APT and i love it. Too bad britsim is down, i had few, of Mr. Watkins Aussie skins for my Austers before my HD failed, but never had a passion for this part of the world, now when i discovered it the precious treasure chest is down :(. Still i have a new bird with a new fresh paint and it will provide me with "few" months of fun, both learning about it and flying it :jump:

stoney
November 18th, 2014, 11:46
Superb!!:applause:

peterwatkins2
November 19th, 2014, 01:36
ZK-ADI now completed and uploaded to FlightSim.com in both FS2004 and FSX versions. A few more to come!

Dave Molyneaux has re-issued his Gemini and will follow with the Messenger and then hopefully all the Auster aircraft previously only available on the now-defunct BritSim. I will update and release the paints I have done for all his aircraft, as he releases them. This means I have to revisit and revise them as they were my early repaint attempts!

:ernaehrung004: Peter W

peterwatkins2
November 19th, 2014, 14:09
The only Fox Moth to serve in the Royal New Zealand Air Force!

SPman
November 19th, 2014, 15:50
You realise you can fit 12 crates of beer (full size bottles) in the front cockpit and still loop the plane OK. True. My (sadly deceased) mate owned ADI back in the 70's (when it was still ZK-ASP) and was the one who took it to the US (and sold it there). Just think a big Tiger Moth with a cabin. Hence my interest in the planes.

No Worries - just my FS focus:wavey:
I'd like to be able to do this, but - ability sorely lacking, I'm afraid. I'm just grateful there are talented people out there with the passion and skill who can do all this. They have my moral support, if nothing else. (although I might retire one day and try my hand....)

mrogers
November 20th, 2014, 02:07
Awesome paints, lovely to see ZK-ADI and NZ566, thanks Peter! :ernaehrung004:

AndyG43
November 20th, 2014, 03:46
...... the now-defunct BritSim.

It is that official then Peter, is BritSim now gone for good? Dreadful shame if it has not just because we have lost so much wonderful work from so many talented people, but because it means the lowlife hackers won the day. But I guess, at the end of the day, there is only so much an Otter can do to stem the tide before he becomes a very unhappy otter. :-(

Having said which ..... many thanks to Dave for making these gems available again; and not just making them available, but revamping them and improving on perfection!! And thanks to you for the wonderful new clothes, not only for these models but for all you have done .... even on the Dark Side.

kikas
November 20th, 2014, 08:54
Its surprising how good it looks in military paint! :applause:

peterwatkins2
November 21st, 2014, 00:39
It is that official then Peter, is BritSim now gone for good? Dreadful shame if it has not just because we have lost so much wonderful work from so many talented people, but because it means the lowlife hackers won the day. But I guess, at the end of the day, there is only so much an Otter can do to stem the tide before he becomes a very unhappy otter. :-(

Having said which ..... many thanks to Dave for making these gems available again; and not just making them available, but revamping them and improving on perfection!! And thanks to you for the wonderful new clothes, not only for these models but for all you have done .... even on the Dark Side.

Andy, only Rob English(the Happy Otter) can say for certain if BritSim will return. I am aware that he has a very exacting job as a Police Helicopter crew member and also has a lot going on in his private life. The BritSim site needs to be totally re-created and needs a lot of work that Rob has to balance with his RW priorities. Fear not, the majority of the BritSim files are held by the motley crew and are not lost!

Returning to the Fox Moth, I have just uploaded ZK-AGM to FlightSim.com.

peterwatkins2
November 21st, 2014, 00:42
Awesome paints, lovely to see ZK-ADI and NZ566, thanks Peter! :ernaehrung004:

Just a couple more Kiwi paints to do then I will move on to Oz examples and perhaps Canadian after that!

peterwatkins2
November 21st, 2014, 00:45
Its surprising how good it looks in military paint! :applause:

NZ566 was camouflaged during the War but I do not have sufficient info on the camo pattern and I will not put a fictional scheme on it - I'll leave that to others!

AndyG43
November 21st, 2014, 04:47
Andy, only Rob English(the Happy Otter) can say for certain if BritSim will return. I am aware that he has a very exacting job as a Police Helicopter crew member and also has a lot going on in his private life. The BritSim site needs to be totally re-created and needs a lot of work that Rob has to balance with his RW priorities. Fear not, the majority of the BritSim files are held by the motley crew and are not lost!

Thanks for the reply Peter. Guess I assumed from your comment that you had heard something from Rob, that'll teach me!! I guess the fact that even the holding page has now gone filled me with despondency.

I hope one day we will see the return of the Pond, and it would be nice to think that Rob knows how much support he has in the community, people who would (I'm sure) be willing to help him shoulder the load if they could.

peterwatkins2
November 22nd, 2014, 01:53
Another Kiwi paint!

mrogers
November 22nd, 2014, 02:50
Neat! Thanks Peter!:ernaehrung004: I presume the next Kiwi repaint will be another one of ZK-ASP in a postwar NAC scheme?

peterwatkins2
November 22nd, 2014, 05:09
Neat! Thanks Peter!:ernaehrung004: I presume the next Kiwi repaint will be another one of ZK-ASP in a postwar NAC scheme?

I covered the NAC scheme with ZK-AGM Mark so the final Kiwi paint will be the restored ZK-AEK before it was sold to Canada and given a C- registration (I only paint CF- Canadian aircraft, the C-F and C-G registering irritates me almost as much as New Zealand painting only the last three letters of a registration!).
Will move on to Oz paints next.

mrogers
November 22nd, 2014, 16:26
Beautiful paint Peter, thanks! I'd forgotten about ZK-AEK! :ernaehrung004:

Wing_Z
November 23rd, 2014, 00:13
Another Kiwi paint!

Many thanks for the plane and these repaints chaps... we had a little nostalgic make-believe fly-in at NZPP.
Each one has a whole lot of history.

http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/xq90/674/I04GIZ.jpg (https://imageshack.com/i/iqI04GIZj)

peterwatkins2
November 23rd, 2014, 23:59
First of the Oz paints! Royal Flying Doctor Service.

molyned
November 24th, 2014, 02:10
I'm glad I produced all three cockpit varients Peter. Keep up the good work !
Dave M(oly)

peterwatkins2
November 24th, 2014, 09:14
I'm glad I produced all three cockpit varients Peter. Keep up the good work !
Dave M(oly)

Cheers Dave. Without your canvas, I could not do the painting! Now that you are visiting de Havilland, a Hornet Moth or DH84 Dragon would be nice!! Just joking, I know you have your own schedule!

Have now uploaded the second Oz paint, now available at FlightSim.com.

Peter:ernaehrung004:

AndyG43
November 24th, 2014, 09:45
Peter, didn't Frank Elton make a Hornet Moth?

peterwatkins2
November 24th, 2014, 10:04
Peter, didn't Frank Elton make a Hornet Moth?

Yes he did Andy, and I have done a number of repaints. However, the texture mapping for the wings is a nightmare for repainters- one texture covers both upper and lower surfaces and this actually prevented me from painting the camouflaged Shuttleworth example! His Leopard Moth has similar texture mapping 'oddities' which have prevented several schemes being completed. Don't misunderstand me - the models are great, just frustrating from a painters perspective!

Peter W

AndyG43
November 24th, 2014, 10:19
Ah, fair enough. Yes, I get that, there a couple of Mike Stone's models that I would like to repaint but mapping prevents it.

Adrian Petford
November 24th, 2014, 10:50
Thank you Dave for this wonderful old girl and to Peter for the superb repaints. I've wanted a Fox Moth for ages and New Zealand is my main flying region so I'm really making the most of those Kiwi repaints at the moment!

peterwatkins2
November 25th, 2014, 00:20
Another Oz paint. One more to go.

peterwatkins2
November 25th, 2014, 10:54
Last of the Oz paints! VH-USJ in it's current form.

Navtech
November 25th, 2014, 11:23
Thank you for those nice repaints ! :applause:

molyned
November 25th, 2014, 12:14
or DH84 Dragon would be nice!! Just joking,
That's a good idea Peter :applause: I'll add it to the list and see what I can come up with. I don't think it's been done before although of course the DH89 Dragon Rapide, its successor is well known.
Dave M(oly)

SPman
November 25th, 2014, 16:59
Many thanks for the plane and these repaints chaps... we had a little nostalgic make-believe fly-in at NZPP.
Each one has a whole lot of history.

http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/xq90/674/I04GIZ.jpg (https://imageshack.com/i/iqI04GIZj)
An interesting shot, seeing ADI and ASP were actually the same plane.......

ASP in 1975 in the USA
http://i198.photobucket.com/albums/aa36/JonL_photo/Flying%20Stuff/ZKASPUSA1975.jpg

(http://s198.photobucket.com/user/JonL_photo/media/Flying%20Stuff/ZKASPUSA1975.jpg.html)http://i198.photobucket.com/albums/aa36/JonL_photo/Flying%20Stuff/ZKASPinLA1975_zps1680ead3.jpg (http://s198.photobucket.com/user/JonL_photo/media/Flying%20Stuff/ZKASPinLA1975_zps1680ead3.jpg.html)

and after an "incident" on a beach at Great Barrier Island in 1971 - about to be recovered by an RNZAF Huey and flown back to the mainland...wings folded
and ready to go - before the tide comes in....

.http://i198.photobucket.com/albums/aa36/JonL_photo/Flying%20Stuff/ZKASPGtBarrier1971_zpsf1e4090e.jpg (http://s198.photobucket.com/user/JonL_photo/media/Flying%20Stuff/ZKASPGtBarrier1971_zpsf1e4090e.jpg.html)

zswobbie1
November 25th, 2014, 21:47
It is actually smaller than I thought. Great stuff.

Wing_Z
November 26th, 2014, 16:27
An interesting shot, seeing ADI and ASP were actually the same plane........
I know, I know... but as mentioned, we had a little nostalgic make-believe fly-in :newzealand:
In my sim you can do this kind of stuff :)
Nice pictures!

peterwatkins2
November 27th, 2014, 10:15
OK. First Canadian paint. Just uploaded to FlightSim.com

peterwatkins2
November 28th, 2014, 04:27
14th and final Fox Moth paint. Time to move on.

kikas
November 28th, 2014, 07:52
Thank You Mr. Watkins very much :applause:

sknepper
December 4th, 2014, 12:53
Beautiful repaints again Mr. Watkins :)
Regards,
Sean Kneppers