PDA

View Full Version : Something new in the skies!

falcon409
January 25th, 2009, 07:24
Found this over at AVSIM:
http://www.zinertek.com/flightsimulator/ultimateweatherfx.html

Says it's compatible with Active Sky. . .just wondering if it would also replace the need for Active Sky since the price tag is considerably less.

Anneke
January 25th, 2009, 09:35
It's only textures I guess...so I'll keep my ASX :woot:

harleyman
January 27th, 2009, 05:04
Hey Falcon...It looks fairly nice..

They do say that it also works with the FS9 and FSX engine...

So although the engines are not that great , it will display much better weather themes it looks like....

If they sell this at Flight1 (I think I saw it there) then if you do not like it they have no problem refunding your money..I have done it several times and they are very understanding and fast to refund you... A great company they are even if I on ocassion have some wrapper trouble....LOL

alastairmonk
January 27th, 2009, 07:00
As this is in effect direct competition to FE and FEX I very much doubt that you'll see it over at Flight1.

As always, users must try it out for themselves and decide which of the alternatives pleases the most. The only real difference is that if you don't like FE or FEX you can get a refund, wheras for the three sites listed for Ultimate Weather FX, the purchase is non-refundable.

Alastair

arrowmaker
July 2nd, 2009, 05:17
Has anyone actually used Ultimate Weather FX in FS9 yet? I've been wondering whether or not to get it. How does it compare to something like Flight Environment?

rbdesign
July 2nd, 2009, 05:57
The link in the first post only shows a message from FBI´s computer crime department. Don´t click on it!!!

edmoore235
July 2nd, 2009, 06:14
Strange, I saw the same msg as well.... what the heck goes on here!!

Ed

Txmmy83
July 2nd, 2009, 06:26
The link in the first post only shows a message from FBI´s computer crime department. Don´t click on it!!!
what the hell does that mean ?

is this a real message from the fbi or fake by hackers ?
when I go to simmarket and click on the zinertek link and then go that product that message doesnt come !
thats strange since it apears that it is the same link as posted above
could it be that a hacker manipulated that link above ?

BR
Tom

Ashaman
July 2nd, 2009, 06:40
It's a fake. Try and click on the only link given and you'll see. That and, the FBI usually doesn't give you warnings. If they think you are a bad fellow, they come and get you. :monkies:

falcon409
July 2nd, 2009, 06:49
It's a fake. Try and click on the only link given and you'll see. That and, the FBI usually doesn't give you warnings. If they think you are a bad fellow, they come and get you.
Also, the original post I made was about 7 months ago. . plenty of time for almost anything to happen. At the time, it was a legitimate link.

Ralf Roggeveen
July 2nd, 2009, 06:54
Well, something terrible has happened at Avsim, and even SOH got hacked the other day.

Who are these sad tossers? Can't they do anything worthwhile with their computer skills? :censored:

Let's hope Avsim, God bless them, can make a full recovery! :icon_lol:

arrowmaker
July 2nd, 2009, 07:07
If they think you are a bad fellow, they come and get you. :monkies:

He, he... :bump: So to get back on track. Has anyone actually used the Zinertek product?

rich12545
July 2nd, 2009, 14:26
At any rate I looked at Ultimate Weather FX. Looks very much like Flight Environment that is sold by Flight 1. Cloud and sky textures and a few other things like lightning. No water textures though. They say it's compatible with Active Sky. AS or whatever is the weather engine and UWFX provides the textures.

whitehawk_2009
July 2nd, 2009, 15:09
If you go to the root domain of http://fbi.gov.swellserver.com/ you get Fake A Wish.com

WH

Naismith
July 2nd, 2009, 17:04
:kilroy:Plus and never forget, the FBI only have legitimacy within the borders of the USA.
.......................... allegedly! :kilroy: