PDA

View Full Version : Nvidea Inspector Question

Naismith
October 21st, 2014, 01:31
What is the situation running NV Inspector? When I start it up it is in its default setting, I then load it up for my FSX (DX10) settings. Do I then close it down or do I drop it to the taskbar. The reason I ask is because if I shut it down and then restart it, it always displays the default Global Diver in the dropdown and not my FSX.
Basically if I shut it down is it retaining my FSX settings or does it then revert to Default Global.
Hope I made myself understood.
Thanks in advance. :encouragement:

expat
October 21st, 2014, 01:49
Been under the impression you don't need to "save" or click "ok" anywhere - you just close it and it should save all your changes. Believe when you open it the menu reverts to the default setting. Agree it is a little disconcerting this way + leaves you uncertain if your changes are working.

Butcherbird17
October 21st, 2014, 03:19
When you make any changes to your FSX profile in NVInspector you do need to click on "Apply changes"
top right corner to have them stick. Once done you can close it out. When you open NVI it will always show
the base profile "Global profile", then you need to go to your FSX profile to make any changes to it.

Joe

papab
October 21st, 2014, 03:20
Take a look at this thread:
http://www.simforums.com/forums/drivers-nv-inspector-fsxcfg-complete-guide_topic36586.html

Rick

heywooood
October 21st, 2014, 08:03
You must save settings - also - it has been recommended in a few tutorials that both the 'Global' and 'FSX' settings in nvidia inspector should be identical... Not certain if that is still a must but I do it anyway

Naismith
October 21st, 2014, 10:32
Thanks guys! Mind at rest now. well some bits of it anyhow :adoration: