PDA

View Full Version : 26 FREE DC3 Liveries now Available

GarryJSmith
October 17th, 2014, 14:56
Hi Good People,

Edward and I have finally drawn a line on the Default Microsoft DC3 texture developments for the Ford Tri-Motor Project.

Started off with just 10 to be done and ended up with 26 comprehensive, unique and I hope visually enjoyable liveries for your simulation enjoyment.

These textures will work with both the FS2004 and the FSX versions.

There are 17 liveries available - originally planned as the total :-)
http://www.ford-tri-motor.net/Douglas-DC3/Images/All-DC3s.jpg

- but then we got carried away and added another 9 as a BONUS pack of liveries.

In the Bonus Pack area are some SPECIAL liveries - created as a tribute to the sites THAT have tolerated our forum posts graciously over the years.

They include (in no specific order) SIM-OUTHOUSE.COM - FLIGHTSIM.COM - AVSIM.COM - SIMVIATION.COM

http://www.ford-tri-motor.net/Douglas-DC3/Images/Four.jpg

Plus a tribute to PCPilot and Microsoft - just for visual enjoyment.

http://www.ford-tri-motor.net/Douglas-DC3/Images/Two.jpg

And to round it off - two DC3 repaint tinkers for the late 1940's - (outside the Ford Project era) but we think worthy of sharing with the community.

http://www.ford-tri-motor.net/Douglas-DC3/Images/Two-more.jpg

And there is a nice LOUD fictional United States Airways livery also available as a tribute to the country of origin for the DC3 - you can check her out on the web page.

Where do you get all of these great FREE liveries - why of course at the Ford Tri-Motor Project site

http://www.ford-tri-motor.net

Click on the Other Aircraft Button and scroll down to the DC3 Link

Enjoy

Regards
Edward C. Moore and Garry J. Smith
Your Ford Tri-Motor Project Team - keeping history alive.

TuFun
October 17th, 2014, 15:05
My word Garry... beautiful works of art, even the presentation is a work of art! :adoration:

GarryJSmith
October 17th, 2014, 15:44
Thanks mate - yes some nice looking girls in this batch - a couple of months of very hard work with the seriously limited Default DC3 model - but I think we have come up with a pretty good batch of historical texture renditions for this girl.

Happy Simming

racartron
October 17th, 2014, 16:23
I found and downloaded this awesome set before you even published them :applause:I did notice that several of the livery links toward the bottom of the list are broken. Just a glitch that is easily fixed. The aircraft.cfg is fine.

I've already installed and flown these and -- as usual -- am very happy with the results of your hard work.

GarryJSmith
October 17th, 2014, 19:54
Hi mate, That's what you get when you poach before it is all ready for download :wiggle:

The links via counters was the last thing to be set up late last night - and the last few were stripped off when uploading - fixed that after the first test.

Also - I hope you did not poach too early - as late as yesterday I was re-tweaking graphics for much of the contents of the zip files:a1310:

Regards mate.

racartron
October 17th, 2014, 22:09
Guilty as charged :untroubled: I was about 24 hours ahead of your announcement. I've only tried about 5 of the liveries so the easiest route is just re-download the lot and plug 'em into the system. That should serve as proper punishment for poaching -- right?:a1089:

GarryJSmith
October 17th, 2014, 22:22
No Problems mate - always tweaking right up to the last minute - sometimes something I do on a recent repaint warrants me to then sweep back and add that feature to all of the previous repaints - fortunately because I work with layers it is simply a matter of stamping that layer to the others and then recompile and rezip and put on the server - one of the later sweeps was to sharpen up some engine and cowl details for all of them. Lots of stuff I do most would not notice but I feel should be included for the final release of them all.

After I launch I then stop tinkering - most of the time :wiggle: - but some times something is required to be changed after publishing and then I hightlight that it is an "updated" flag.

But fortunately the DC3's are pretty settled now - so hopefully there will be no additions or updates in the future for this girl - 26 repaints should be enough to meet most people's desires for this girl.

Regards

racartron
October 17th, 2014, 22:38
"But fortunately the DC3's are pretty settled now - so hopefully there will be no additions or updates in the future for this girl - 26 repaints should be enough to meet most people's desires for this girl."

Easy for you to say. :encouragement: I have a bit under a hundred liveries for the default DC3 and just installed #129 for Manfred's excellent C-47. Then there is the cool Just Flight DC3 series.

I could go on but I need to get out to the back 40 acres and add yet another wing to my very crowded hanger. I was doing alright until some crazed developer put out a bunch of Jenny's the other day. That girl alone now has 94 liveries.

So many planes -- so little time.

Alky
October 17th, 2014, 23:16
26 repaints should be enough to meet most people's desires for this girl.

Regards

That's incredible self abuse! The default DC-3 is no picnic to paint! :banghead:

GarryJSmith
October 18th, 2014, 00:04
Hi Gentlemen,

Yes there is a lot of DC3's and liveries out there - when I said "pretty settled down" and that "26 should be enough" I mean that only for the Ford Project Team's perspective.

Edward, I believe, has gathered several hundred DC3 liveries over the years not including our latest batch - our excursion into repainting the Default DC3 is only responsible for 26 of the new ones.:applause:

As for the Jenny's - we at the Ford Project can only accept responsibility of around 60 of those :biggrin-new:

Guilty of several hundred repaints of the Ford Tri-Motors and buckets of Vega5's and DH88 default aircraft repaints as well - sorry :adoration:

Still a small handfull of Vickers Vimy liveries also to be released soon.

Again sorry for stealing your valuable time on these repaints - but can't say that we will not continue to generate more time bandits in the future.:wavey:

For Alky, yes - The Ford Project Team are self abusers - all of the Microsoft girls are "complex to deal with" to say the least.

Regards and happy simming.

dougal
October 18th, 2014, 08:35
Many thanks for your 'self abusing' hard work:applause:
Much appreciated in Windy Wiltshire YK