PDA

View Full Version : Does nVidia support Prepar3D yet?

OleBoy
October 17th, 2014, 08:59
Last I recall there was no direct support for the simulation. Has this changed as far as drivers are concerned?

Dumonceau
October 17th, 2014, 09:17
It's not that Nvidia does not support whatever flightsim, P3D just doesn't support multiple cards in SLI...

OleBoy
October 17th, 2014, 10:26
Multiple card support would be frosting on the cake. Eventually LM may address that after they get the bugs ironed out. For best results, I would "think" nVidia would need to address the sole platform. There again, LM has a ways to go yet. But the progress they have made has been epic in my eyes!

TheGrunt
October 17th, 2014, 11:33
It's not that Nvidia does not support whatever flightsim, P3D just doesn't support multiple cards in SLI...
Support in this case is perhaps a wrong term, but Nvidia (like AMD for their cards and Crossfire) needs to make a SLI profile for the drivers to get the SLI working. Same goes for many other driver level features for DX10 or 11. Making SLI support is a both way street and requires co-operation with the dev and Nvidia, although actually Nvidia makes most of the work by them selves and supports the devs practically for free. Why there is no P3D driver support for P3D yet? Most likely for two reasons, there either exists some scaling problems still with P3D and Nvidia waits LM to make some optimizations to renderer or then P3D is just pretty low on Nvidia's priority list. It can be bit of both, too.

spatialpro
October 17th, 2014, 11:50
Don't forget, besides the SLI support issue there is also the 3D Vision support issue. Prepar3D is now fully 3D (like MS Flight was, but unlike FSX, for instance) but the nVidia drivers don't support it with P3D... which in my view is a missed opportunity.

Naismith
October 17th, 2014, 13:49
I think he was referring to the drivers which had anomalies graphically with v2.4 and yes they have been resolved with the latest driver. :adoration: