PDA

View Full Version : New artwork from one of our members

dharris
October 14th, 2014, 07:52
Ian Warren is a member here and he does are drawings, wanted to share what I found on his website with you. This Douglas AB-26K is so real looking I had to share it with others that may not know his work. His website is ....http://www.aviation-art-in-action.com/index.html. Enjoy!

mike_cyul
October 14th, 2014, 08:03
Speaking as a former artist with the ASAA, I think that looks really nice. :ernaehrung004:

jankees
October 14th, 2014, 08:07
very cool!

Ian Warren
October 15th, 2014, 13:44
:wavey:Thanks guys, Mike, JanKees you have anything that might interest you give me a nudge .. guess it would be a bit hard chasing idea's but have one for Don working in my brain case, didn't get much sleep last night thinking of Lockheed Constellations, think a little colour will be required:untroubled:

trucker17
October 15th, 2014, 14:37
Very nice work their Ian.......

Ian Warren
October 15th, 2014, 15:37
Thanks Craig, You cant see the detail , the drawings have been reduce so if expanded to size they fizzle out , nice thing I've known Don for now well over .. must be 14 years now and I really going to have to get to the US of A to meet him and Mom :adoration: , I have never Tiki Toured the US .. only stopoff's .. all airport stuff so I was happy.

trucker17
October 15th, 2014, 16:08
Thanks Craig, You cant see the detail , the drawings have been reduce so if expanded to size they fizzle out , nice thing I've known Don for now well over .. must be 14 years now and I really going to have to get to the US of A to meet him and Mom :adoration: , I have never Tiki Toured the US .. only stopoff's .. all airport stuff so I was happy.

No problem Ian.....Your work is really art.....Their are so many airports here in the U.S. You had better plan a couple of years to tour them all.....:running:

dharris
October 15th, 2014, 16:10
Now Ian it has been longer than that, remember when I flew into Christchurch and you and your Dad were plane watching that day, well I was waving at you from the port just in front of the left wing. HE HE!!
Great work Ian, I wish I had your talent, but mine is just being modest!

trucker17
October 15th, 2014, 16:28
Great work Ian, I wish I had your talent, but mine is just being modest![/QUOTE]

So true.....My rendition of art would look like stick planes.
http://i1054.photobucket.com/albums/s495/trucker1762/Image238_zpsc7b0b28b.jpg (http://s1054.photobucket.com/user/trucker1762/media/Image238_zpsc7b0b28b.jpg.html)
:biggrin-new::biggrin-new::biggrin-new:

dharris
October 15th, 2014, 16:37
At least yours is identifiable, mine would go on 20 questions, although, Picaso did some weird stuff maybe I should try!

Ian Warren
October 15th, 2014, 16:47
Now Ian it has been longer than that, remember when I flew into Christchurch and you and your Dad were plane watching that day, well I was waving at you from the port just in front of the left wing. HE HE!!
Great work Ian, I wish I had your talent, but mine is just being modest!

Don , I may have to think about the approach, may need four or five different , hells bells who cant get enough off the Connie:adoration:

Ian Warren
October 15th, 2014, 16:52
No problem Ian.....Your work is really art.....Their are so many airports here in the U.S. You had better plan a couple of years to tour them all.....:running:

Who needs the hotel , I'll just Trucker around the country side with you ... now who SOH address's do we need , ...

trucker17
October 15th, 2014, 19:01
Who needs the hotel , I'll just Trucker around the country side with you ... now who SOH address's do we need , ...

No problem their....:very_drunk:

Ian Warren
October 15th, 2014, 19:08
First I better get a job, a new passport and I'd be in like Flinn :encouragement: guess it comes with being an ole bachelor boy ... so easy to do

dharris
October 16th, 2014, 05:44
Being single has it's advantages, but after 44 years of marriage as of today, find the right women, and the rest is easy!

Daveroo
October 16th, 2014, 07:54
Awesome stuff Ian,i really liked the Stuka drawing/print..good stuff !! and if you make it to the USA...i have an extra RV in the yard that we use for a guest house......you would be more then welcome !!..Dave

Ian Warren
October 16th, 2014, 11:16
Being single has it's advantages, but after 44 years of marriage as of today, find the right women, and the rest is easy!
I think it just comes down to finding one who is plane nuts ... oi :wavey: over here

Ian Warren
October 16th, 2014, 11:22
Awesome stuff Ian,i really liked the Stuka drawing/print..good stuff !! and if you make it to the USA...i have an extra RV in the yard that we use for a guest house......you would be more then welcome !!..Dave
Thanks Dave, the drawings are created via pencil/ink scanned, drawn again, the STUKA was only three sheets of printing to get the finished job so in a way the print is an original , that would be something to add to the list .. "The Great Speckled Bird" in action :encouragement: