PDA

View Full Version : R-3350 Sound for A-1H

gray eagle
October 13th, 2014, 17:24
I've combed some older threads here re R-3350 sounds; I'm looking for something to go with Pigletts A-1H Skyraider. I've tried the Connie's sounds and even though they are R-3350's,
they somehow still sound like Connie engines. That is a good thing if you want that for your fav Connie.

I've looked here at found Connie R-3350's. I thought there was an R-3350 that was tuned for the A-1H.

Daube
October 13th, 2014, 23:33
You're talking about the Skyraider, right ?
I would also be interested in nice sounds for that bird :)
But my biggest problem with it is actually the engine sound volume. The engine is so quiet I can barely hear it, lke if the engine was hundred meters away from me.... It's one of the only planes with that problem...
I have recently tried to alias its sounds to the A2A P-47, but the result was not as good as I expected.... and the volume issue is still there...

TheGrunt
October 14th, 2014, 01:26
I aliased my sounds to Aircraft Factory F4U. Yeah, it is not R3350, but sounds OK nonethless.

henrystreet
October 14th, 2014, 01:34
I use the Razbam Skyraider sounds with Piglet's A1H. They are much louder and "juicier". Not sure if they are more accurate?

stansdds
October 14th, 2014, 01:56
The Razbam Skyraider sound set is pretty accurate. The Skyraider was a very loud aircraft, much louder than fighters equipped with the P&W R-2800.

fsxar177
October 14th, 2014, 08:13
There's a gentleman from Germany, of whom I've been corresponding. He's working on both a new R-2800, and R-3350 set single engine sets. I've heard the teasers, and it would appear that they will be better sounding than either the old AF sounds, or the Vertigo F8f ones. (Both of which are pretty good!)

I'm anxious to have his beta(s).

- Joseph