PDA

View Full Version : Ai ship to Static ship

petejg5
October 13th, 2014, 13:30
Hello people I have question I'd like to ask the tech wizards so here it is.

How would I make a moving ship designed for AiCarriers into a static object and place it using the the object placement tool to make some custom scenery. For example so I can have ships moored up or at anchor in Liverpool, Portsmouth, San Diego, etc?

Sorry if it's a simple question but don't know how to do it. :culpability:

DaveB
October 13th, 2014, 14:08
Hello people I have question I'd like to ask the tech wizards so here it is.

How would I make a moving ship designed for AiCarriers into a static object and place it using the the object placement tool to make some custom scenery. For example so I can have ships moored up or at anchor in Liverpool, Portsmouth, San Diego, etc?

Sorry if it's a simple question but don't know how to do it. :culpability:

I think you should be able to do that with MCX. I'm sure someone here will know for sure but I'd give it a try. You can import the mdl file and save as a scenery object/bgl:)

ATB
DaveB:)

MCDesigns
October 13th, 2014, 14:52
yep, for personal use only, you can load the ship MDL into MCX and export as a scenery object MDL and place it where you want.

orionll
October 13th, 2014, 15:42
For what it's worth, if you do so, you'll lose catapults and IFLOLS.

sparouty
October 13th, 2014, 21:11
yep, for personal use only, you can load the ship MDL into MCX and export as a scenery object MDL and place it where you want.
Hi!
May be I'm wrong but I think that FSX has only one mdl format : no use to convert mdl into a scenry object mdl one. So you can directly use the AI model mdl with your scenery object placement tools...
Orionll : you're right in case of carrier ship, but the question was not dealing specificaly about carrier ship... :)
regards
Sylvain

orionll
October 13th, 2014, 21:30
Ah, yes, you're completely right Sylvain. :)

expat
October 13th, 2014, 22:39
Absence of cats can be overcome, but will the conversion to a scenery object (can you do that also with ADE?) leave you with a hard deck? Would like to get the new Midway set up with some AI.

petejg5
October 14th, 2014, 00:54
Thanks for the advice everyone I'll try all your suggestions. :wavey:

leuen
October 14th, 2014, 02:54
How would I make a moving ship designed for AiCarriers into a static object and place it using the the object placement tool to make some custom scenery.
Or you create separate Afcad and traffic files with departure once a week early morning. Here are some "scheduled" like that:

Bernard