PDA

View Full Version : Norwegian Repaints & Scenery - Soon No Longer Available

SeanTK
October 12th, 2014, 15:05
I was emailing the author of the below site due to a broken link (since fixed) and he stated that due to external circumstances, the website at the link below will likely be shut down by the end of this month (no further developments will be occurring).
The sceneries and repaints available here are of very high quality, and are unavailable anywhere else.

Get them while you can.

http://polystack.com/

Unique Norwegian liveries for addons such as Aerosoft's Twin Otter Extended, RAZBAM's Metroliner, Aerosoft and IRIS F-16s, some Northern Norway airports, etc, etc.

orionll
October 12th, 2014, 15:17
Does the developer have anything against re-uploading to places like AVSIM, FlightSim.Com, or Simviation? Might be worth asking for permission to do so.

SeanTK
October 12th, 2014, 15:22
I asked him in a previous email if he would be willing to upload his addons to someplace like here or Aussiex, but he's indicated before that he's had very bad experiences with other flightsim file libraries (that's why his website exists), so I think he's hesitant to do so. Haven't heard a more recent response yet to uploading them to Aussiex or here though.

orionll
October 12th, 2014, 15:32
Perhaps he would be willing to set up a free Dropbox (2GB), OneDrive (15GB), or Google Drive (15GB) account to continue publicly hosting the addons?

Naismith
October 12th, 2014, 23:44
My Malwarebytes has issues with his site. I'm pretty sure it is a false positive as I switched MWB off and ran a scan afterward with no issues or reports. Just in case others have similar.

Scandinavian
October 13th, 2014, 07:22
Thanks for the heads up Sean. Downloading the sceneries for safe keeping right now.

Too bad if he won't continue his work, I was really looking forward to the rest of his sceneries. Hopefully he will change his mind. I believe he has done so before.

SeanTK
October 13th, 2014, 07:27
Thanks for the heads up Sean. Downloading the sceneries for safe keeping right now.

Too bad if he won't continue his work, I was really looking forward to the rest of his sceneries. Hopefully he will change his mind. I believe he has done so before.

One of the reasons he said work won't continue is because his computer stopped working a few months ago, so all of the in-development projects were lost. There are other factors involved as well, but in short, just get the addons while you can.