PDA

View Full Version : Best Joystick for Price?

Devildog73
October 8th, 2014, 11:22
Since I fly CFS2, FS2004, and FSX I thought I would post this here instead of in just one of the areas of the basement.

I currently have a Saitek ST290 that I have had for lots of years.
The #6 button and right hat view no longer work.

This is not a big deal in FS2004 and FSX, but it is a BIG deal in CFS2.

So, bottom line: What is currently the best joystick for all three sims as of October 2014?
Thanks

DD73

Tom Clayton
October 8th, 2014, 14:50
I've had my X-52 for several years, and other than the pinkie trigger, it's still going strong. If it failed today, I'd be buying another one tomorrow.

ViperPilot2
October 8th, 2014, 15:30
You might want to take a look at the Thrustmaster HOTAS X; it's reasonably priced (~$50.00USD), has a detachable Throttle quadrant, and has loads of buttons. The action is adjustable, also.

http://www.amazon.com/Thrustmaster-T-Flight-Hotas-Flight-Playstation-3/dp/B001CXYMFS

:wavey:

luckydog
October 8th, 2014, 15:46
I've had the same Logitech Extreme 3D Pro for at least 10 years now and love it.......

rpjkw
October 12th, 2014, 08:53
You might want to take a look at the Thrustmaster HOTAS X; it's reasonably priced (~$50.00USD), has a detachable Throttle quadrant, and has loads of buttons. The action is adjustable, also.

http://www.amazon.com/Thrustmaster-T-Flight-Hotas-Flight-Playstation-3/dp/B001CXYMFS

:wavey:

I bought this to replace my Saitek AV8R. The AV8R is a good stick, but I like the Thrustmaster much more. One BIG improvement, for me at least, is taxiing is much easier with the TM than on any stick I've ever used. Flight characteristics are more precise because, I assume, of the adjustable action.

Anthin
October 15th, 2014, 18:39
Logitech Extreme Pro for six years and would not
change it for anything else. It is absolutely bulletproof.

Anthin.

Willy
October 15th, 2014, 19:54
Same Microsoft Precision Pro Sidewinder since 1999 and still going strong. Thing is they haven't made them since about 2000 although one will pop up on E-bay or Amazon every now and then.