PDA

View Full Version : i want to find info on a plane i saw at KAUN

Daveroo
October 4th, 2014, 08:10
ok,i saw it in the air,after having taken off from KAUN..this is a small 3700' runway,unicom muni airport.why is that an issue? what i saw was a jet aircraft,seemed like a single or maybe twin engined jet,,but there were no engines visible on the fusalage or in /on the wings...

is there a way to use flight awhare or that :24" website to track it and findout what it is...after the fact?....IE: drive home (30mins) and then look it up?..thanks Dave

stansdds
October 5th, 2014, 05:55
You can go to flightaware.com, select "live flight tracking" at the top of the left side menu, then "browse by airport". Enter the airport's code and you will find lists of arrivals, departures, scheduled arrivals, and scheduled departures. That is probably your best bet.

Well, I just checked, evidently there was no flight plan filed with this airport. Looking at the arrival and departure histories, there are no jet aircraft listed, just props.

aeromed202
October 5th, 2014, 06:39
Maybe a Beechjet 200? Possibly an Epic or Excel-Jet? I've seen some small jets have engines positioned such that they can hard to see from lots of angles, especially if the paint job is just right. I have to believe there are also some experimentals out that way too.

Daveroo
October 5th, 2014, 08:08
You can go to flightaware.com, select "live flight tracking" at the top of the left side menu, then "browse by airport". Enter the airport's code and you will find lists of arrivals, departures, scheduled arrivals, and scheduled departures. That is probably your best bet.

Well, I just checked, evidently there was no flight plan filed with this airport. Looking at the arrival and departure histories, there are no jet aircraft listed, just props.

how far back do the arrival /departure histories go?...this was most deffinantly a jet,and i was only about 1/16th of a mile from the end of rw25,the "rules" for auburns 25 state you must make a climbing left turn,which sends you short of a trailer park and past a hospital and school..this passed almost directly over us (dad and i)its possible it was making a pass over the runway.as this happens often...not at all surprising to have an airforce kingair to pass over on any givin day.

Cirrus N210MS
October 5th, 2014, 14:10
if you have the Tail Number goto airport-data.com search it

Devildog73
October 8th, 2014, 10:25
Have you seen Cirrus Corporation's jet?

Is it possible that Cirrus is the jet you saw?