PDA

View Full Version : What Program Should I Use

DaleRFU
October 3rd, 2014, 12:11
Hi all,

I have been thinking about making an aircraft for FSX. I am however at a cross road in terms of what program to use to build it. I have no experience in making aircraft, I have dabbled with FSDS for scenery but from what I understand it is limited as to what you can do. Any help in what program's to use for the entire process would be great.

Regards
Dale

MCDesigns
October 3rd, 2014, 12:42
i think it really depends on you and what program you are comfortable with, all have issues that you will need to find workarounds for, depending on the aircraft you want to do and what features you want to include. I have seen well done aircraft modeled in Gmax, FSDS, 3DSMax, even Blender. Using gmax I can animate any mesh and pop in the sim as an aircraft/vehicle/boat/etc. in 20 minutes, the hard part are the features and the VC programming IMO

Modeling your aircraft is on the first part of several other parts before you have a finished product..

Since you have FSDS and it was made specifically for FS design, I would say go with it and once you have the process down and the other tools you need, then you can move on to other programs if you so desire. I started in FSDS, great little program.

Dutcheeseblend
October 3rd, 2014, 12:54
Try Blender ;) Easy to use, no cost and you'll be part of interesting developments. More information can be found here: http://www.fsdeveloper.com/forum/forums/blender.136/

MCDesigns
October 3rd, 2014, 13:31
Easy to use

LMAO here is me trying to figure Blender out for the 50th time :banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

I am not a keyboard shortcut guy which is why I don't get along with the UI, but it is a great program with lots of great features, definitely worth a try.

Of all the programs I have tried for modeling, here is the list of ease of use (for me) from easiest to hardest
FSDS, 3DSMax, carrara, Gmax, Maya, Silo, Rhino, Modo, Lightwave, Milkshape, Blender, sketchup and then hexagon.

DaleRFU
October 4th, 2014, 01:24
Thanks guys, think I might go with gmax