PDA

View Full Version : Instant Scenery and P3D V2.3

AussieMan
September 27th, 2014, 18:04
I have tried to install Instant Scenery 3 into P3D V2.3 but it doesn't appear to be working as it doesn't show up in the Addons window when P3D V2.3 is running. Is there a patch?

gman5250
September 27th, 2014, 18:40
You should get an update bump through the menu in the sim Pat.
The current patch is Instant Scenery 3-3.02. (couldn't find a direct download link)
Flight 1 should have it in the support section.

I installed in V2.3.1135.0 and it works fine...except for the thumbnail generator which loses the green screen, again.

FYI the new LM patch is just around the corner. Don't know if IS will work in the upcoming patch.

Cheers

AussieMan
September 27th, 2014, 22:09
Thanks for that mate.

At the moment I doubt that I will be updating my V2.3 as what the patch fixes haven't occurred with me so far. Also I have just done a re-install and am on the beta teams for a couple of upcoming aircraft.

gman5250
September 28th, 2014, 04:51
Same thing here Pat. I just moved P3D from the SSD to the 2TB spinning drive...left the SSD for Photoshop etc. Also networked the number 2 computer in to run EFB and the weather. This works well enough and frees up the big screen for sim display only.

V2.3 is far enough along to keep me satisfied until a significant upgrade comes out. This was a major move and I don't feel like upsetting the balance or losing IS again.
BTW...running the fully loaded sim on the spinning drive is fine. The initial load takes a bit longer, but once in the sim, performance is up to par.

AussieMan
September 28th, 2014, 05:45
I haven't heard of a spinning drive before unless you are talking about a regular drive.

All is fine with IS. Just went to Flight1 and downloaded it again and it is the new updated version. Previous registration worked fine.

gman5250
September 28th, 2014, 05:54
Yeah...spinning drive is regular drive. Glad you got IS straightened out. I feel like I've lost a leg every time LM updates and the peripherals lag behind. It's all part of the process I guess.

roger-wilco-66
September 29th, 2014, 01:16
Just a note on drives, I bought a 3.5" hybrid SSD drive from Seagate with 2TB storage some months ago and that really made my P3D installation fly. The adaptive memory technique stores often accessed data in a NAND / SSD cache on the drive, and I can confirm that this really works and brings loading and writing times to SSD speeds. The prices are only slightly higher than for standard desktop models.
When you buy one just watch out for the model, the drive is in it's third model iteration by now.

Cheers,
Mark