PDA

View Full Version : Critical Mass............

Daveroo
September 27th, 2014, 14:00
as it looks today,i tried to ask a couple differant people from the Dwelle clan what was going on with it,and they not only didnt answer,but they looked at me as if i was just some peon invading the royal families area....i mean these people are terrible.....they act as though they own the airport (Auburn City owns it)and any pilots not in the inner circle of favorites are just trash.this from a Moony M20E pilot with about 45-50 years as a pilot.oh more than that...he is 78years old,and got his lic at age 16.he has allways based his planes at auburn...dwelle moved here in the early 90s...HE is the new comer!!..anywho..

Bomber_12th
September 27th, 2014, 14:46
Thanks Dave for the photos, but I'm sorry to hear the experience you had. All of the owners/care-takers of the these aircraft are airplane nuts at their core, but sometimes getting them to that level (cracking the shell, so to speak) and having them realize that you have just as much passion about these aircraft as they do can be hard - many of them are very private people, especially when it comes to these high-value possessions of theirs. Of course that's not to defend downright rude behavior.

I had been wondering how far along that Sea Fury has been coming. It was at Sanders for a few years, being completely rebuilt back to its original stock T/Mk.20 configuration (though with a R-3350), but it was only to be finished to a point before it was sent to Auburn so that the Dwelle family/business would complete it themselves. Here's a page of photos showing the aircraft as it arrived and as it left Sanders, after its rebuild to stock configuration: http://www.sandersaircraft.com/restoration_seafury-dwelle.asp

Daveroo
September 27th, 2014, 18:28
ya know,that wasnt really fair of me..Tom and his wife are great people,(ive never met the one son who flies).Tom and i were in rehab at the same time back a bit...i was there for my wrist injury,and Tom was there after the air bottle ripped his hand apart,,we sat next to each other for 6 weeks,each of us being there every danged day for the entire 6 weeks..well not the weekends...lol..he still remembers me and says hi when we see each other.
who i had the problem with was a bunch younger people..guys and girls...late 20s early 30s....all had the family clothing ,hats.ect.it was those who were rude.