PDA

View Full Version : What WWI Axis aircraft would you like to see in FSX

trucker17
September 26th, 2014, 07:47
As the title says.
Dean at Vertigo studios want to know what WWI Axis aircraft we would like to see made for FSX........

So head here and make your voice heard.......:very_drunk:

http://www.vertigostudios.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?420-Static-Aircraft-and-Objects

Craig.

Francois
September 26th, 2014, 07:51
I suppose you mean WW2 aircraft then? The Axis didn't exist until 1939...... :wavey:

trucker17
September 26th, 2014, 09:17
True.....
He is looking for ideas for WW 1.......

Here is what he said.

This is from his post at VStudios.
Its time for your feedback on which WW1 axis aircraft should be developed next. There's some wonderful looking aircraft out there, so I'll leave it up to you to bring forward your requests.

jankees
September 26th, 2014, 09:28
Albatros V.

But first the B-25 please...

Ferry_vO
September 26th, 2014, 12:57
Would love to see a big WW1 bomber, like the Sikorsky Ilya Muromets, Zeppelin Staaken, HP 0/400, Vickers Vimy. Or anything by Fokker, I'm not picky. ;)

airattackimages
September 26th, 2014, 14:16
C-2 Greyhound. :p

Deano
September 26th, 2014, 15:49
The ww2 aircraft mentioned have now been with the coder for over a year now:banghead:

Bill Kestell
September 26th, 2014, 19:22
I know the Mitchell's coming ... but she's so BADLY NEEDED ... and from what we've been shown of her ... SHE'S JUST SO HOT LOOKING!:pop4:

Bill Kestell
September 26th, 2014, 19:25
The AR 234 3-C four engine version would be nice.

pilottj
September 26th, 2014, 21:24
For a Hun aircraft, would love to see a Fokker D-VII. How about some interwar planes, military, racers....so many wonderful ground breaking designs in that period.

Cheers
TJ

wombat666
September 27th, 2014, 00:54
"C-2 Greyhound.
I know the Mitchell's coming ... but she's so BADLY NEEDED"

The subject requested being aircraft flown by the Central Powers in The Great War (as in WW.I, World War One, NOT WW.II or any other period!:banghead:) the obvious choices seem to be a Fokker D.VII (BMW powered), the ubiquitous Albatross D.V, the intriguing Siemens Schuckert D.III or D.IV, a Halberstadt CL.II or Hannover CL.III, plus one of the heavies, (a long term project) preferably a later version of the iconic Gotha.
Best to stay mainstream IMHO.
:triumphant:

Bjoern
September 27th, 2014, 01:05
Fokker D.VII?

airattackimages
September 27th, 2014, 05:24
"C-2 Greyhound.
I know the Mitchell's coming ... but she's so BADLY NEEDED"

The subject requested being aircraft flown by the Central Powers in The Great War (as in WW.I, World War One, NOT WW.II or any other period!:banghead:) the obvious choices seem to be a Fokker D.VII (BMW powered), the ubiquitous Albatross D.V, the intriguing Siemens Schuckert D.III or D.IV, a Halberstadt CL.II or Hannover CL.III, plus one of the heavies, (a long term project) preferably a later version of the iconic Gotha.
Best to stay mainstream IMHO.
:banghead:

Dumonceau
September 27th, 2014, 05:36
Fokker D.VII?

I concur!!

William Njurmi
September 27th, 2014, 05:48
The Central Powers would be the correct term. Anyhow, the virtual WWI is dealt successfully in Rise of Flight. Any of you flying in some servers?

ColoKent
September 27th, 2014, 07:09
Dino & Gang,

I'd like VS's "WW I" to end today, so that the huge backlog of VS aircraft that the vast majority of people are actually looking forward to and have been waiting years for can be completed, tested, and released.

A lot of us love VS products, but how we ever got off track and onto this latest "detour" is beyond me. I truly believe that most of your fans feel similarly.

My preferred release sequence: B-25, T-33A and C-2A. Let's please focus on the job at hand, shall we?

Respectfully,

Kent

airattackimages
September 27th, 2014, 08:45
Agreed, Kent. We could spend 5 years waiting for these WWI projects to run their course.

wombat666
September 27th, 2014, 08:48
Agreed, Kent. We could spend 5 years waiting for these WWI projects to run their course.

Sounds good to me.

mvg3d
September 27th, 2014, 10:41
Would love to see a big WW1 bomber, like the Sikorsky Ilya Muromets, Zeppelin Staaken, HP 0/400, Vickers Vimy. Or anything by Fokker, I'm not picky. ;)

Hi Ferry,
Why not a Caproni Ca.3 Bomber, flied also by American pilots ?

:wavey::wavey::wavey:

Marvin Carter
September 27th, 2014, 12:08
Albatros D.V!!!!!!

Deano
September 27th, 2014, 12:14
ok that's really pissed me off. Don't even try to imagine what happens behind closed doors because 9 times out of 10 you'll be wrong.

On the Contrary, the WW1 aircraft are being modeled and textured by myself and coded by Brice.

The B25 and the other aircraft are being coded by Dan, specifically the B25. Hes had that now for over a year and taken 90% of the funds. I've asked repeatedly for the X amount of months when is this and that going to be done. I always got ignored and then a short flury of yes by next week.

Now the LAST 3 weeks I've asked for the the aircraft source files to get it finished by someone else. The reply was I'll get them over to you asap, now we're 3 weeks down the line and still nothing.

Look guys, Im trying my ass off and spent thousands on these aircraft and I'm always getting let down. You think as a customer that your being let down ? try being in my shoes and then trying to hold the company together.

Dino & Gang,

I'd like VS's "WW I" to end today, so that the huge backlog of VS aircraft that the vast majority of people are actually looking forward to and have been waiting years for can be completed, tested, and released.

A lot of us love VS products, but how we ever got off track and onto this latest "detour" is beyond me. I truly believe that most of your fans feel similarly.

My preferred release sequence: B-25, T-33A and C-2A. Let's please focus on the job at hand, shall we?

Respectfully,

Kent

Deano
September 27th, 2014, 12:18
Agreed to what exactly ? assumptions. The Spad 7 is completed, fully coded, modeled and textured. I'm actually waiting on the scenery files so it can be released as one package.

Deano
September 27th, 2014, 12:25
I admit, this is a personal favorite of mine :applause:

Albatros D.V!!!!!!

gradyhappyg
September 27th, 2014, 12:43
What no monoplane love? How bout the Fokker D-VIII.

Deano
September 27th, 2014, 12:47
I do have some lovely blueprints for this bird :wiggle: and a sexy looking aircraft indeed. The smiley face on the front does it for me :sentimental:

What no monoplane love? How bout the Fokker D-VIII.

airattackimages
September 27th, 2014, 12:51
Agreed to what exactly ? assumptions. The Spad 7 is completed, fully coded, modeled and textured. I'm actually waiting on the scenery files so it can be released as one package.
Agreed that there are still aircraft that have been announced for a couple years people are waiting for, and now you're shopping around ideas for more WWI aircraft. That's not an assumption, it's right in this thread.

For whatever reasons the others aren't going to be completed, I'm not sure that beginning several other projects will get them done any sooner...

It's fine, its your prerogative and your company. Nobody said it isn't. Maybe you've*done some research and decided there is a huge portion of the flight sim community that wants Sopwith Camels, Spads and the like. I'm not seeing it, but go for it.

Deano
September 27th, 2014, 13:00
Indeed its an assumption, Ive made posts on our own forums and also Facebook.

Agreed that there are still aircraft that have been announced for a couple years people are waiting for, and now you're shopping around ideas for more WWI aircraft. That's not an assumption, it's right in this thread.

For whatever reasons the others aren't going to be completed, I'm not sure that beginning several other projects will get them done any sooner...
The reason for the WW1 aircraft is that I have the source files. As previously mentioned - I don't have the files for the B25, and I'm still waiting 12 months down the line.

It's fine, its your prerogative and your company. Nobody said it isn't. Maybe you've*done some research and decided there is a huge portion of the flight sim community that wants Sopwith Camels, Spads and the like. I'm not seeing it, but go for it.
The reason for the WW1 aircraft is that I have the source files. As previously mentioned - I don't have the files for the B25, and I'm still waiting 12 months down the line.

airattackimages
September 27th, 2014, 13:03
Do you not enter into any contracts or at the very least some manner of written agreements with your coders? It would protect you from having an investment held hostage by every other coder that moves to Borneo and steals the source files...

It's not an assumption. The aircraft haven't been released.

Deano
September 27th, 2014, 13:06
ok I give up, have fun.

Roger
September 27th, 2014, 14:09
We all want something that doesn't exist yet. For me it's anti-grav boots. I guess that Deano would love to sell you a B25 etc etc. but clearly he can't at present. So let's cut him some slack and follow the WWI Central powers discussion or I'll have to close it.

trucker17
September 27th, 2014, 14:45
Thank You. Roger.
These WWI aircraft are the projects Dean is working on himself.
The other aircraft are being done by the designers.
I am starting to feel this thread was a mistake to post. Dean was only looking for ideas from everyone on what they would like to see in a WWI aircraft for FSX.
So with this being all the better we can do, then it should be closed.
Craig.

MCDesigns
September 27th, 2014, 16:20
ok I give up, have fun.

I see no reason to get upset with costomers/potential customers inquries about long time coming projects, but I do understand you getting upset with the person who is not delivering the files to you. Send us his email and we'll get results, LOL. From a customers POV, it makes sense to not want to support a company on a new project when other projects that have been a long time coming have not shown up, please try to understand that, hence the friction when asking about the new project.

Maybe you should put it out there that this is not a VS project since that is who the customers are associating with the long time coming aircraft and put it out there as a Deano project so we can all get behind it more.

Personally I have always liked the Nieuport. Throw in some AI Fokkers and a zeppelin or 2 and I am in!

pilottj
September 27th, 2014, 16:34
I would like a Flying Winnebago:biggrin-new: What one group of flight simmers wants may be different than another...imagine if PMDG came here and asked what we would like to see them do next..I bet they would probably see quite a different answer here from what they might get at Avsim. Life happens, projects get stuck for various reasons, while they are held up, why not keep going with other projects? I think developers should just do whatever excites them, since they are the ones who are going to spend many many hours putting it together.

Anyway, whatever WW1 plane gets chosen, it will be great.

Cheers
TJ

ColoKent
September 27th, 2014, 18:15
Wow. I have no productive answer for that type of response. Out here.

Kent

wombat666
September 28th, 2014, 01:59
ok I give up, have fun.

Deano,
Don't give up, that is exactly what certain closed minds want you to do.
To be brutally honest, you run your own race and take no notice of the "I want this and I want it NOW!" dipsticks.
It really makes sound business sense to proceed on an alternative course if one project is (temporarily) stalled and you have material readily available to produce products that you feel will be of value.
Your business, you call the shots.
Ignore the 'toys out of the pram dummy spitting' minority. :encouragement:

norab
September 28th, 2014, 04:33
I'm probably the only one but would love to see a zeppelin complete with gun positions and a cloud car

Dumonceau
September 28th, 2014, 04:55
Why not a Nieuport 17??

Just a thought.

JJ

Crusader
September 28th, 2014, 05:27
Why not a Nieuport 17??

Just a thought.

JJ

Now your talking . A Nieuport 17 or any other version would be an excellent choice .

Rich

wombat666
September 28th, 2014, 05:32
IIRC there was mention of an N.17 previously, be a good subject as a few minor mods would give us a number of N.17 variations.
:encouragement:
Edit: Add a large pointed spinner and Iron Cross insignia 'Und ve haf der Siemens Schuckert D.I/II.

Deano
September 28th, 2014, 05:42
Heres the Nieuport 17, Ive added the fuselage gun and also the over wing gun with the Foster mount. Here's a quick render to show its progress.

http://www.vertigostudios.co.uk/files/Nieuport_pics/Render_Web1.png

IIRC there was mention of an N.17 previously, be a good subject as a few minor mods would give us a number of N.17 variations.

Bjoern
September 28th, 2014, 06:25
Any of you flying in some servers?

Got the Channel Battles Edition and tried LAN multiplayer with some friends without much success. The network code is FUBAR.

While flying itself is really cool in RoF, shooting anything is bloody difficult. You can strap me into a F-4 and have me easily gun down a MiG-21 with the M61 at Mach 1+ or lay waste to an IL-2 with some precise cannon hits into the oil cooler, but put me into a bag of cylinders and canvas with a prehistoric MG and I can't even shoot down a friggin' observation balloon!

Deano
September 28th, 2014, 06:30
I guess it would be a good idea to show the Lewis gun with the Foster mount.

Please note that the Aircraft's config panel will have the option to display any of the guns but also have the ability to remove them.

http://www.vertigostudios.co.uk/files/Nieuport_pics/Render_Web2.png

wombat666
September 28th, 2014, 08:07
Looking good and the 'Gun' options are very welcome.

trucker17
September 28th, 2014, 08:10
Looking Great Dean.

HvyEng
September 28th, 2014, 08:38
Looks great!

As WWI subject matter goes, I would love to see some multi-engine WWI aircraft.

--Dan

MCDesigns
September 28th, 2014, 09:15
I guess it would be a good idea to show the Lewis gun with the Foster mount.

Please note that the Aircraft's config panel will have the option to display any of the guns but also have the ability to remove them.

http://www.vertigostudios.co.uk/files/Nieuport_pics/Render_Web2.png

NICE!! Now make sure it is TacPac enabled and we are in bizness, LOL.

Deano
September 28th, 2014, 09:24
The Spad 7 is already TacPac enabled. However, we was using another devs TacPac key for development purposes only whilst we was issued our own to use. I sent a couple of emails in asking about the Lewis gun and they mentioned that they are going to create the specs for it so Its more realistic.

Here is the Nieuport 17 without the armament, she looks a little naked without her guns though :)

I've also added a vehicle to the render scene below to give a you an idea what Stow Maries scenery will look like.

http://www.vertigostudios.co.uk/files/Nieuport_pics/Render_4.png

Dumonceau
September 28th, 2014, 09:28
The only thing that I - as a Belgian Patriot - could ask for, are Belgian paints for those two birds!

Dumonceau

Deano
September 28th, 2014, 09:29
Hi Dumonceau, which scheme do you have in mind ?

The only thing that I - as a Belgian Patriot - could ask for, are Belgian paints for those two birds!

Dumonceau

bruce448
September 28th, 2014, 09:40

Dumonceau

Something like this?

http://s29.postimg.org/6fl3exwlz/thumbnail.jpg

MCDesigns
September 28th, 2014, 09:51
The Spad 7 is already TacPac enabled. However, we was using another devs TacPac key for development purposes only whilst we was issued our own to use. I sent a couple of emails in asking about the Lewis gun and they mentioned that they are going to create the specs for it so Its more realistic.

Here is the Nieuport 17 without the armament, she looks a little naked without her guns though :)

I've also added a vehicle to the render scene below to give a you an idea what Stow Maries scenery will look like.

VERY nice Deano, will pick this up when released

Here is a great video on the restoration of Stow Maries that has some great reference material
http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-24517585

Bill Kestell
September 28th, 2014, 10:31
I can see that an AR 234 C-3 is NOT an appropriate aircraft for WWI. (That'll teach me to read more carefully or not respond to posts after 10PM!)

That Nieuport 17 is a pretty little thing. I like it! Deadly ... but delicate!

As to the B-25 ... I want Winter to last about a week to 10 days maximum and early Fall to last about 10 months. If you're into Country Western, like Merle Haggard, I also want "Free Bubble Up and Rainbow Stew". Maybe this explains why I so often don't get what I want ... when I want it. The Mitchell will get done when it gets done. Life's like that. I'll buy it whenever!

Thanks for even getting it underway; it's truly appreciated. (by those of us who stand in line, hat in hand, waiting for those who CAN to do for us the things we CAN"T!)

Cheers,

Bill

Deano
September 28th, 2014, 10:56
Hi Bill, I shot off the handle earlier in the thread defending my intentions and what we're doing and also trying to explain that somethings are out of my control, well out of my control..

I learned 3D modeling this year to be able to build something and get it released, so I went for the WW1 theme, not difficult to model and much quicker turn around times from the coders point of view. If I didn't start the WW1 aircraft I wouldn't have been able to release an aircraft this year and that doesn't pay the mortgage.

My hands are currently tied with the other aircraft and my temper is rising, I'm away all this week but rest assured once I'm back from caddying next week for a lad on the Euro golf Tour I will without fail, bombard his email and failing that I'll be paying him a visit.

The B25 has cost a very lot of money to develop so I'm more eager than our customers to get it released.

But still, I'm hoping that your all liking how the WW1 aircraft are developing, its not everyone's cup of tea but it just allows me to release something.

I can see that an AR 234 C-3 is NOT an appropriate aircraft for WWI. (That'll teach me to read more carefully or not respond to posts after 10PM!)

That Nieuport 17 is a pretty little thing. I like it! Deadly ... but delicate!

As to the B-25 ... I want Winter to last about a week to 10 days maximum and early Fall to last about 10 months. If you're into Country Western, like Merle Haggard, I also want "Free Bubble Up and Rainbow Stew". Maybe this explains why I so often don't get what I want ... when I want it. The Mitchell will get done when it gets done. Life's like that. I'll buy it whenever!

Thanks for even getting it underway; it's truly appreciated. (by those of us who stand in line, hat in hand, waiting for those who CAN to do for us the things we CAN"T!)

Cheers,

Bill

TheGrunt
September 28th, 2014, 11:20
Hansa-Brandenburg float planes would be awesome, either the 1916 W.12 or later W.33 which pretty much was too late to see combat, I believe, but was used well in the 1930's at least by Finland for maritime patrol.

William Njurmi
September 28th, 2014, 20:52
Majority of the Hansa fleet was grounded before 1932. Also Finnish Hansa differed from W.33 a bit. Especially the engine (Fiat) needed structural changes and the armament as well. One survivor is at show near EFHK.

huub vink
September 29th, 2014, 01:19
To answer the the original question. An Albatros D.V is fine, but a Fokker D.VII is even better :encouragement:

Cheers,
Huub

lucas81
September 29th, 2014, 05:08
A friend of mine started working on a Fokker D.VII - just to let you know! ETA ? Hope that early 2015.

Lucas

Stickshaker
September 29th, 2014, 09:06
The D.VII is one of my all-time favorites. Whether in RoF or any other WWI sim, it always seems to be the most pleasant and capable plane to fly, as it may well have been in reality. I particularly like the F version with the BMW engine. Having said that, I like FSX so much because you find many rare planes there that are hard to find elsewhere. That is why my answer to Deano’s question would be: the Siemens-Schuckert D.IV fighter or the Zeppelin-Staaken R.VI bomber. On the Entente side: a TacPac-enabled SE5a would be very nice (yes, I know it’s not a rare plane). As would be a TacPac-enabled (German) Junkers D.I.<o:p></o:p>
<o:p> </o:p>

mikezola
September 29th, 2014, 09:47
Greetings...
I always thought that a lot of the German two seaters were rather pretty- The Aviatiks, Rumplers, D.F.W., and the Roland Walfisch... I think any of those would be nice additions to the FSX fleet!

-Mike Z.

P38man
September 29th, 2014, 16:16
Deano, I am really looking forward to this project and will buy on the first day!

Really would love a Gotha to fly!

Anything would be good though for me :)

bruce448
September 30th, 2014, 02:17
Gotha WD 7

Dornier-Zeppelin Rs.IV

beercan
September 30th, 2014, 13:21
I realized this N17 for Fs9, work very well with P3D.
Ask for big modifications for FsX (too many polygons, more than 1,250,000).

Right click for original size

http://www.fsfiles.org/flightsimshotsv2/images/2014/09/30/M6UcQ.jpg

http://www.fsfiles.org/flightsimshotsv2/images/2014/09/30/Np2OL.jpg

http://www.fsfiles.org/flightsimshotsv2/images/2014/09/30/10xgM.jpg

http://www.fsfiles.org/flightsimshotsv2/images/2014/09/30/6rhXL.jpg

beercan
September 30th, 2014, 13:55
More views

http://www.fsfiles.org/flightsimshotsv2/images/2014/09/30/jtNDf.jpg

http://www.fsfiles.org/flightsimshotsv2/images/2014/09/30/kv1hP.jpg

http://www.fsfiles.org/flightsimshotsv2/images/2014/09/30/JgKc9.jpg

http://www.fsfiles.org/flightsimshotsv2/images/2014/09/30/T1kMZ.jpg

beercan
September 30th, 2014, 13:57
and more

http://www.fsfiles.org/flightsimshotsv2/images/2014/09/30/cy9B1.jpg

http://www.fsfiles.org/flightsimshotsv2/images/2014/09/30/nT2m.jpg

http://www.fsfiles.org/flightsimshotsv2/images/2014/09/30/Np2OL.jpg

http://www.fsfiles.org/flightsimshotsv2/images/2014/09/30/E6I4L.jpg

beercan
September 30th, 2014, 14:27
the end

http://www.fsfiles.org/flightsimshotsv2/images/2014/09/30/ckdtu.jpg

http://www.fsfiles.org/flightsimshotsv2/images/2014/09/30/10TfO.jpg

huub vink
September 30th, 2014, 14:34
Wow Beercan! Perhaps I missed something, but which Nieuport is this? :dizzy:

Huub

beercan
September 30th, 2014, 14:53
Nieuport N17

here: http://frenchvfr.free.fr/download.php?lng=en 'Aircrafts FS2004', my Nickname is bede40 on French-vfr?.