PDA

View Full Version : This is GREAT! A real morale uplifter to me.

Navy Chief
January 24th, 2009, 14:52
The following is from a Flikr website that srgalahad posted about. Classic:

Air Defense Radar: "Unknown aircraft at (location unknown), you are in Iranian airspace. Identify yourself."

Aircraft: "This is a United States aircraft. I am in Iraqi airspace."

Air Defense Radar: "You are in Iranian airspace. If you do not depart our airspace we will launch interceptor aircraft!"

Aircraft: "This is a United States Navy FA-18 Super Hornet. Send 'em up!"

Air Defense Radar: (no response ... total silence)

Go get'em boys!

GO NAVAIR!

NC

Francois
January 24th, 2009, 23:20
Love it !! :wave:

wombat666
January 25th, 2009, 01:44
Oso's perhaps??
:kilroy:

jmig
January 25th, 2009, 04:32
Oso's perhaps??

Say What? Over that post? Does the Iranian government even allow SOH in the country?

Jen
January 25th, 2009, 09:13
Oso's perhaps??

good idea :amen:

Jen

wombat666
January 25th, 2009, 10:18
Say What? Over that post? Does the Iranian government even allow SOH in the country?

J, Oso's for 'Political' content, 'Canelos' for 'Humour'.
:whistle:
Considering the troubles of the past week I'm just making a simple suggestion.
Bat.

lifejogger
January 25th, 2009, 10:33
Well I like it, specially the pictures.

Boomer
January 25th, 2009, 10:43
:ernae::ernae::ernae:

Good stuff Chief!

N2056
January 25th, 2009, 10:47
Gee, a very similar version of the same exchange was posted here about 2 weeks ago & nobody was this worried then...:kilroy:

jmig
January 25th, 2009, 11:31
J, Oso's for 'Political' content, 'Canelos' for 'Humour'.
:whistle:
Considering the troubles of the past week I'm just making a simple suggestion.
Bat.

I must disagree with you Wombat and Jen. If the supposed conversation actually took place, it is news and not political commentary. However, even if it only a jingoistic fable, picturing the American military as a superior power over the Iranian Air Defense system, I will argue that it is not being discriminatory.

Iran is not a group of people who have been discriminated against because of their skin color, language, religion, etc. This is a nation who political and national goals are opposite of the Western World and particularly the US.

This is a nation that kidnapped and held hostage for over a year hundreds of American, British and other nationalities, strictly because they could. This nation subjected these men, women, and their families to untold fear, stress and lost of freedom.

This is a nation which is well know to sponsor terrorist groups by funding and supplying with them with weapons. People who care not one wit for human life, unless it is subjected to their narrow minded views of what is proper and correct.

This is a nation which would see your wife and mind, along with our daughters wear "proper" clothing and be deemed second class citizens, because they happened to be born female.

This is a nation which attempts to regulate what it citizens see, hear, and think. Who's leader has called my President the Great Satan and who wishes to see my way of life and yours ended and replaced with theocratic law.

This nation's leaders have also threatened sovereign nations with annihilation and the use of their oil and gas as a weapon agains nations which don't go along with it's views.

They lost the right to be treated "politically correct" years ago. They have earned my enmity many times over.

While I respect your opinion and you two as people, I will argue with you till the cows come home that Iran deserves any respect as a civilized government.

MCDesigns
January 25th, 2009, 11:45
Awesome NC, thanks for posting! :icon29:

Jen
January 25th, 2009, 13:00
Those who have decided to ban political discussions form this place, and instead go to Oso`s, have made a very wise decission.

And in particular about the middle east, which is potentially dynamite.

I believe the political spectre in here is very broad, and there may be very different oppinions on what is going on down there.
And it definately has the potential to turn nasty.

I also believe, that it is okay to debate what is okay in here, and what is not.
It is up to the staff to decide, and I think they are doing a very good job on that.

Personally I believe, that when you get down to exact events, you are walking on thin ice, and that is where it should stop and go to Oso`s.

My two cent`s. :engel016:

Jen

jmig
January 25th, 2009, 13:32
Those who have decided to ban political discussions form this place, and instead go to Oso`s, have made a very wise decission.

I believe the political spectre in here is very broad, and there may be very different oppinions on what is going on down there.

I also believe, that it is okay to debate what is okay in here, and what is not.
It is up to the staff to decide, and I think they are doing a very good job on that.

Personally I believe, that when you get down to exact events, you are walking on thin ice, and that is where it should stop and go to Oso`s.

Jen

Hi Jen, thanks for your two cents. I respect your views and am glad you replied.

If it goes to Oso,' "ces't la vie" But, you'll will have to do without me. I don't do Oso.s.

Roger
January 25th, 2009, 13:50
I suppose the "gung ho" attitude goes with the territory when you're the policeman of the world: we Brits had the same attitude in the 19th and first half of the 20th century, "trouble in the empire...send a gunboat and blow the ******* to hell"
However we're all trying to be grown-ups now and mend the World if it's possible.
I sincerely hope the new regime can do this despite the hatred that's evident in many posts, in many forums.

Navy Chief
January 25th, 2009, 14:04
I suppose my view on this will not come as a big surprise, but I really don't care what other countries think of the U.S.A.

Iran has openly stated it wants to wipe Israel from the face of the Earth. Israel has the right to defend itself against such a hostile country, and personally, I hope they take action before Iran has the capability to carry out it's threats. And I would also hope the "new regime" would help defend Israel.

NC

Roger
January 25th, 2009, 14:10
No I'm not surprised.

mrogers
January 25th, 2009, 14:31
Iran KNOWS it will never, ever be able to wipe Israel off the map. They know that of course, their bark is worse than their bite.

Navy Chief
January 25th, 2009, 14:40
Israel, I would bet, is not going to count on that.

NC

Dangerousdave26
January 25th, 2009, 14:46

Jen

Notice how very correct you are.

This will just spiral down from here.

This will morph into a political discussion it already is and God help us if someone mentions the other hot topic.

:argue:

Henry
January 25th, 2009, 15:15
Well one who is not political
and one who is admin in a flightsim forum
WTF
H