PDA

View Full Version : Northrop N-3PB floatplane update

Shessi
September 13th, 2014, 02:32
Hi Folks,
Just uploading an updated version of Scrubby's Northrop N-3PB floatplane for Fs9 and CFS2.

I replaced the crew with some better looking models, updated the texs, shine, glass, added external weapons, aerial and changed some of the animations. He such a good ol' boy to allow any changes etc and a generous builder.

I really liked this wee beastie, remember the Frog model of it?......

Cheers

Shessi

TARPSBird
September 13th, 2014, 03:04
Shessi, since you have a good working relationship with A.F. Scrub I wish you could someday do a wheeled version of his N3N "Yellow Peril" float plane. :encouragement:

Shessi
September 13th, 2014, 04:10
TB,
I was going to tweak the N3N floatplane at some (long distance)stage, is this the version you mean?

Shessi

Mick
September 13th, 2014, 05:04
Shessi, since you have a good working relationship with A.F. Scrub I wish you could someday do a wheeled version of his N3N "Yellow Peril" float plane. :encouragement:

I second that motion!

TARPSBird
September 14th, 2014, 00:18
TB,
I was going to tweak the N3N floatplane at some (long distance)stage, is this the version you mean?
Shessi
Yes, that's the N3N, in fact I have a couple screen shots from the movie "Dive Bomber" that are almost identical to the one you posted. :adoration:
The Boeing-Stearman N2S Navy trainer has been available in various packages for every recent flight sim version, but the N3N has only been done by A.F. Scrub as a floater. I'd venture to say that as many (if not more) NavAir cadets earned their wings in the N3N as in the N2S, but they did it in the wheeled version shown in the movie.