PDA

View Full Version : A great source of Flightsim knowledge..

Navy Chief
September 11th, 2014, 17:16
Henry Street shared this link with me earlier this evening. Although a lot of it is very old, and outdated, there is still a wealth of information available! Thanks Henry! NC

http://www.flightsimbooks.com

Badger85
September 11th, 2014, 18:02
This looks like an awesome resource! Thanks for sharing!

strikehawk
September 11th, 2014, 19:25
I have a few of those books, they date back to the FS2.0 and Jet Fighter 2 days back when I was using a Commodore 64 for my gaming. The books still are of use to learn instrument flying and I should break out the adventure books and try some of them again.

ryanbatc
September 11th, 2014, 19:38
F-19 stealth fighter.... WOW that brings back memories! My dad and I used to play that.... probably very early 90's if I recall correctly.

henrystreet
September 12th, 2014, 02:33
I actually found a used copy on Amazon after reading on the website

spins_vmfa321
September 12th, 2014, 02:41
Thanks alot for making me feel old... I actually had alot of those books, and remember thumbing through some of them at these things called "book stores" back in the day!

Man, I loved the early days of simming. :)

Jamal

spins_vmfa321
September 12th, 2014, 02:42
I actually found a used copy on Amazon after reading on the website

Henrystreet, way off topic, but would you mind posting a pic of your computer setup? I see you've got the TM MFDs, and I'm curious what you're configuration looks like.

Jamal

henrystreet
September 12th, 2014, 04:28
Henrystreet, way off topic, but would you mind posting a pic of your computer setup? I see you've got the TM MFDs, and I'm curious what you're configuration looks like.

Jamal

This is from a year ago but largely the same: http://uchisworld.wordpress.com/2013/09/29/not-about-the-hardware/ (click on the pic to embiggen)

I'm building a pit but it dropped to #2 after I started the Lemoore scenery. Hopefully can get back on that soon.

spins_vmfa321
September 12th, 2014, 04:51
Thank you, sir! You've given me some ideas!

Jamal

henrystreet
September 12th, 2014, 10:42
Thank you, sir! You've given me some ideas!

Jamal

Jamal, here is pic of my MFD placard giving some idea of how I have buttons set up. This is more recent than the other picture.

I really like being able to adjust the altimeter and squawk codes without using the keyboard or mousing the vc. "WX" calls up the OpusFSX weather report and "ATC" calls up the ATC window.