PDA

View Full Version : Instant Scenery 3 Users!

falcon409
September 3rd, 2014, 04:50
After Installing the latest update to V2.3 I attempted to make some thumbnails for much of the custom objects I've built. Problem is, I get no green screen as the background for the thumbnail maker. The temp object (Barn) appears as it should but the green screen is nowhere to be found. Has anyone else noticed this? Also, if someone has an earlier version of IS still on their system. . .is there a "bmp" or "jpg" file present in any folder that is used for the green screen? One of my assumptions is that an image file wasn't included in the latest installer and that's all I need to get it to work.

Well, per a thread in SimForums for IS3, it appears that IS3 thumbnail Maker in P3D will not work. No fixes, no suggestions other than to make them yourself.

flewpastu
September 3rd, 2014, 11:36
Falcon I just downloaded the update but did not install yet , I'll be home in a little bit and I'll check my folder for the bmp file and report back

Bill

falcon409
September 3rd, 2014, 11:42
Falcon I just downloaded the update but did not install yet , I'll be home in a little bit and I'll check my folder for the bmp file and report back
Bill

Thanks Bill, but as my update in red shows, there is no fix. It just doesn't work in P3D. Too bad, not crazy about doing a couple hundred thumbnails by hand, lol.

flewpastu
September 3rd, 2014, 11:49
Ah got it, good to have u back , take it easy

Bill

falcon409
September 3rd, 2014, 13:38
Here is a workaround for the lack of a thumbnail maker:
http://www.simforums.com/forums/topic50022_post309309.html#309309

Works great!