PDA

View Full Version : P3D started crashing

Naismith
September 3rd, 2014, 04:14
Just when I was about to declare my love of P3D, it has started crashing for no apparent reason. I haven't added anything to yet it either. Maybe it sensed I was contemplating adding Mesh. How can I tell why it is crashing, all I get is the small box, P3D is not responding, it doesn't even do what FSX dies and attempt a restart. It is happening with 10 seconds of entering the aircraft, doesn't matter where I place the a/c either.

Edit. I had a great time yesterday (Monday) flew from YVR to LAX. no issues, now suddenly this.

IanHenry
September 3rd, 2014, 04:35
Hi Naismith,
have you tried selecting another Aircraft?

Ian

Naismith
September 3rd, 2014, 14:23
Of course. Really I'm just about at my wits end with these 1/2 developed programs with their instability. You would think given how old the original program is. it would be rock solid by now. I am this close :semi-twins: to giving up.
Meanwhile back to FSX which may take an age to start up but at least it is stable(ish).

Ripcord
September 3rd, 2014, 18:55
You are running version 2.3 and it is crashing? And you have not added anything? Doesn't seem even plausible -- surely there is something in there.

Naismith
September 3rd, 2014, 23:30
[QUOTE=Ripcord;903691 Doesn't seem even plausible.[/QUOTE]

I must be mistaken then. :banghead:

No this is a virgin full install of the full program, not the upgrade, on a brand new 2TB Seagate HD bought purely for P3D. I even d/led the individual files again as opposed to the huge zip and did a repair reinstall.
If you read the incredibly slow forums at LM website there are lots of crashing problems reported. And no I am not running the newest NVidea drivers which cause problems.

AussieMan
September 4th, 2014, 04:10
Have you thought about running the setup again and selecting repair?

Maybe you have some corrupt files that need to be repaired. I had a similar problem and that fixed it for me.

Daube
September 4th, 2014, 04:59
Didn't you install any plane that could have added an incompatible module ? (or a gauge)
The only crashes I've seen in P3D were linked to incompatible modules. For example, FSUIPC (ensure you get the 2.3 specific version)