PDA

View Full Version : weird auto gen

jankees
August 25th, 2014, 12:42
FSX was acting up on my laptop, so I went for a complete re-install....and now I have autogen everywhere:

http://i722.photobucket.com/albums/ww230/jcblom60/2014/Clip.jpg (http://s722.photobucket.com/user/jcblom60/media/2014/Clip.jpg.html)

does anybody know what can be causing this, and how to cure it?

Roger
August 25th, 2014, 12:54
Jan, are we talking ORBX here or just default?

Anthin
August 25th, 2014, 15:03
I had the exact same thing once. Autogen trees all over
ORBX PNW. It was the addon airports were too low in the FSX library.
Moved them up higher and solved the problem.

Is the problem all over the world?

Regards Anthin

BrittMac
August 25th, 2014, 19:41
I am pretty sure that this is just the "Hurricane Katrina Mod" that was available a couple years ago. Was this flying over New Orleans?

-too soon?

Okay, okay. Usually these problems are from previously installed items, like the gracious gentlemen before me replied.

trucker17
August 25th, 2014, 20:16
[QUOTE=BrittMac;902223]I am pretty sure that this is just the "Hurricane Katrina Mod" that was available a couple years ago. Was this flying over New Orleans?

Or at least Hurricane Jankees.:very_drunk:

Like the gentleman said earlier, Check the location of the airports, in the Library.

jankees
August 25th, 2014, 21:55
mmm, the airports are now all the way at the top, with just the FTX library above (yes, it was orbx I showed), but I checked and the problem is worldwide.

Any ideas?

P38man
August 25th, 2014, 22:14
My guess is that in installing Orbx it has corrupted the scenery.cfg (which it writes a whole bunch of entries to).

To test this theory I would close FSX make a backup copy of the file and then simply delete all the Orbx entries (they should all be at the end).

I would then test.

There is a scenery.cfg I always use that you can download (I just tried finding it again but couldn't - I am at work) which makes trees respect exclusions etc as well. I then changed this to make even 10 mesh not make lake plateaus. I could pm you this if you want to test.

gradyhappyg
August 25th, 2014, 22:59
My guess is something was left behind from the original install which corrupted the new one. Probably easier at this point to uninstall again making sure all the FSX folders in C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\FSX and C:\Users\username\AppData\Local\Microsoft\FSX and anywhere else they may be hiding are deleted as well.

P38man
August 25th, 2014, 23:04
Yes maybe that is the issue :)

You can do that by looking here:
http://support.precisionmanuals.com/kb/a87/how-to-uninstall-and-reinstall-fsx

huub vink
August 25th, 2014, 23:06
JanKees,

As a former weatherman I think it is global warming...... :very_drunk:

Sorry I know its an annoying problem, but I just couldn't resist.....

Goodluck solving the problem,
Huub

Ian Warren
August 26th, 2014, 13:57
With the scenery , don't uninstall - simply reinstall the OBRX again and again if necessary - , over the years I have seen this many times, the many issues I have had and the different ways I have fixed it.

Marvin Carter
August 26th, 2014, 18:18
Jan did you install the latest ORBX scenery Library after you installed???

jankees
August 26th, 2014, 21:23
yes, I did.

I am not looking forward to yet another complete reinstall of FSX and Orbx, but I may have to....or stay away from the coast..

jandjfrench
August 26th, 2014, 21:45
Hi jankees,
The problem is with your terrain.cfg. If you can restore the original the problem will be corrected. If you run FTX Central the problem will be back. FTX Central updates terrain.cfg to accommodate ORBX scenery. I have the same problem and just haven't gotten around to correcting the problem properly.
Jim F.

P38man
August 27th, 2014, 01:11
Yes it is the terrain.cfg where to test you can delete all the orbs entries as they should be at the end.

Sorry for putting scenery.cfg !