PDA

View Full Version : Landcalass ?

harleyman
January 24th, 2009, 04:58
I have my FS9 finally just perfect..Its smooth and steady after spending to much time in the config file.

All the payware addons have been carefully chosen and installed..I believe I have squezzed every bit out of the FS9 engine...

But I'm searching for better landclass..Is there any around thats good? Payware or Freeware?

Thanks..I'm looking to fill the gaps where MS left off.....

falcon409
January 24th, 2009, 06:09
To tell ya the truth I don't quite understand landclass exactly. I add files that say they are landclass (which supposedly correct the shoreline, lakes, rivers, positioning of towns, etc to a more realistic view) and yet I see very little recognizable difference between it and the default. Having said that, FSGenesis has an ongoing landclass project which covers the US and they update periodically as new data is available. It used to be free on their site but considering the economy right now, that may have gone payware as well. Their prices are pretty reasonable so it may be worth checking.

harleyman
January 24th, 2009, 06:15
Thanks Falcon...I have a question there already for Justin on that ..Its now selling for 18 bucks..And it patches well with Ultimate Terrain too...So they say...LOL

The FSX landclass is free with the USA purchase....

Cazzie
January 24th, 2009, 06:50
Harleyman,

I use the landclass that came with the UT packages. FSGenesis also makes a world-wide landclass package and I have it installed for Asia, Africa, South America and any place bnot covered by UT.

Landclass merely represents where city and residental areas meet. In both FS9 and FSX, they are off in the default by a mile and it UT also. In FS9, the UT landclass is more correct.

Caz

harleyman
January 24th, 2009, 06:56
Thanks Cazzie for that.......