PDA

View Full Version : Weapon or Tacpack?

dc10boy
August 20th, 2014, 05:36
Hi all, has anyone gotten Tacpac or Weapon to work well with the AF Corsair or Vertigo Hellcat?Is either of these worth the investment for use in the great WWII sceneries like the Solomons or Truk?
Thanks
Stan

Hanimichal
August 20th, 2014, 06:12
cs weapon is easy to add for any plane, Tacpac is for FSX gurus

CSweapon + JIMIs FSXBA Hornet:
http://fsfiles.org/flightsimshotsv2/images/2014/08/20/3woBf.jpg

Daube
August 20th, 2014, 06:18
Hi all, has anyone gotten Tacpac or Weapon to work well with the AF Corsair or Vertigo Hellcat?Is either of these worth the investment for use in the great WWII sceneries like the Solomons or Truk?
Thanks
Stan

You have no choice: if you want to add weapons to an aircraft by yourself, you can only use CS Weapons.
TacPack is much more complete and realistic, however the TacPack features can only be added to a plane by the plane creator itself. The features are defined in the 3D model.

dc10boy
August 20th, 2014, 06:37
Thanks guys, I'm off to buy weapon.It's time to tear up the Solomons with a Corsair!
Stan

DaveWG
August 20th, 2014, 08:56
You have no choice: if you want to add weapons to an aircraft by yourself, you can only use CS Weapons.
TacPack is much more complete and realistic, however the TacPack features can only be added to a plane by the plane creator itself. The features are defined in the 3D model.

Not strictly true. You can add weapons in much the same way as CS Weapons. Having external stores sync with weapon firing requires developer integration, but simple stuff like guns can be done by anyone. I've added working guns and firing missiles to the JF Lightning for example.

Stickshaker
August 20th, 2014, 10:28
Hello Dave,<o:p></o:p>
I Googled but could not find a tutorial for adding guns. Is there a tutorial available anywhere? Or are you so knowledgeable with TacPac that you do not need a tutorial?

DaveWG
August 20th, 2014, 10:45
All the information is in the SDK, which is available to anyone. There's a section on adding guns to the default Cessna 172.
http://forums.vrsimulations.com/support/index.php/TacPack_SDK#Integration_Example_.28Deadly_Cessna.2 9

Stickshaker
August 20th, 2014, 11:08
Thanks, Dave!

Daube
August 20th, 2014, 11:59
Good to know. I though the weapons had to correspond to some specially tagged 3D part in the model...
Thanks for that information. :ernaehrung004:

ST0RM
August 20th, 2014, 14:13
I know I've asked before Dave, but the SDK tutorial is lousy for adding missiles and dumb bombs. Can you add to it to fill in the gaps?

-Jeff

Victory103
August 21st, 2014, 01:47
I know I've asked before Dave, but the SDK tutorial is lousy for adding missiles and dumb bombs. Can you add to it to fill in the gaps?

-Jeff

Agree, but I think there are a few guys looking at doing it. I've looked over the C-172 tutorial, might take a few but I'm sure one would get the hang of it. There are slew of models (rotary gunship type) I fill need to be "Tacpack-d" with basics. Adding basic forms of the target pods/radar would be ideal, I've got an iPhone game that has a working AH-64 TADS turret!

On that note, I own CS Weps as well and have a few profiles provided from Hanimichal as CS Weps is easy to integrate into your FSX models. If you go that route, get on the CS forums to get other profiles and weapons, I know one member was working on the AC-130 but not sure if it ever got to firing correctly. Big drawback from me was the unfixed "bomb" system in CS Weps and inability to fire guided A2G missiles at non-simobjects.

dc10boy
August 21st, 2014, 02:38
I added guns and rockets to the RF Hellcat without issues and it is a blast.However, when I add weapon to the AF Corsair I lose the manifold press and R.P.M indications as well as the gunsight.Has anybody successfully found a workaround to this?
Stan