PDA

View Full Version : Lauren Bacall now gone

Daveroo
August 12th, 2014, 18:43
Lauren Bacall passed away today..aged 86?....another one of the great ones from the golden age of film.she and bogie made a great couple and a great acting team.

AndyG43
August 12th, 2014, 23:55
A true lady, equally at home on stage & screen, and the epitome of elegance and glamour to the end. They don't make 'em like that anymore.

wombat666
August 12th, 2014, 23:57
The epitome of class, style and charisma.
A great lady.
Vale Lauren.

mrogers
August 13th, 2014, 00:57
A true legend of old has gone...Vale Lauren.

AussieMan
August 13th, 2014, 16:17
2 legends lost in 2 days :'(

Without sounding disrespectful, first Robin Williams then Lauren Bacall I am wondering who #3 will be as these things usually happen in threes.

Odie
August 14th, 2014, 07:58
2 legends lost in 2 days :'(

Without sounding disrespectful, first Robin Williams then Lauren Bacall I am wondering who #3 will be as these things usually happen in threes.

Hey AussieMan,

Don't forget James Garner, who passed a few weeks ago. I was sad to hear both Robin and Lauren had passed; but Lauren was one of the few Golden Age
actresses still alive. I always enjoyed her movies and she could drama as well as comedy. "Designing Woman" is one of my favorite films where she starred
opposite Gregory Peck.

Eoraptor1
August 21st, 2014, 14:17
I had a picture of one Mr. Harry S. Truman playing the piano while a bare-legged 20-year-old Lauren Bacall sat atop it, but I lost it in the flooding last summer. Harry was grinning "like a possum eating a sweet potato".

JAMES