PDA

View Full Version : T-37B MicroSimulator in V2.2

falcon409
August 2nd, 2014, 12:52
A discussion about any forthcoming T-37 or Dragonfly in the FSX Forums eventually gave me cause to search for my old Flight1 Wrapper and key files to see what damage I could do with it in P3D. The end result, which can be seen in the screens below, was that while absolutely nothing in the VC is either clickable or even works correctly, the airplane itself has held up fairly well, lol. Sorry, but when you're desperate for a particular airplane you'll do just about anything and accept just about anything to satisfy that thirst, lol.

What does work in the VC is an easier task than listing everything that doesn't, so. . . .the ASI, ADI, G-meter, Flaps gauge and part of the Altimeter work (the altimeter is missing the needle that registers Thousandths of ft), that's it. Externally the flaps, speed brakes and other control surfaces obviously work. The thrust attenuators do not work and remain in the open position throughout the flight envelope. Navigation lights from the cockpit appear ok and from at least one external view looks fine also, however while viewing in "replay" mode they appear as though they have a "bloom effect". I did not try the Canopy open and close function, so I'll go out on a limb here and say it also probably works.

Startup: Forget the pop-up for this portion, it will not work. I have engine startup and shutdown mapped to two buttons on my Logitech Extreme 3D Pro joystick. I hit the startup button (be sure you have fuel onboard) and then waited. . .patiently waited. . .and after about 60 seconds the engines began to spool up and everything was go. I should caution though. . .this is "my experience" on "my system" and in "my P3D_V2.2 Installation", I can't say that what I describe here will be what you experience. . .or that it is even something you want to experience, lol. I worked on the T-37's for many years and also on the A-37 Dragonfly in Viet Nam, so I have enough history with the airplane that I enjoy it, no matter the functionality or lack thereof and so I understand this isn't everyone's cup of tea.

Finally, I also have V1.4 installed and may try it in that sim as well. It's very possible that I could find that much more of the VC is operational than what I found in 2.2 also.

falcon409
August 3rd, 2014, 07:25
Checked the 1.4 installation and there was some difference, but not much really. While all switches, knobs, levers appear to be clickable (mouse pointer shows an active animation), they are not and no amount of clicking activates the particular function either. The G-Meter reset function does work and the clock works although the sweep hand does not. All-in-all. . .much the same as what I found in 2.2.