PDA

View Full Version : And While I'm at it ... RAZBAM ... SB2C?????

Bill Kestell
July 16th, 2014, 10:00
Since I'm on a roll ... I'll throw this one out as well.

Guys ... just politely asking: What's the hold-up???:dizzy:

PutPut
July 16th, 2014, 11:35
The last I heard they had lost the modeler for the VC. That was several months ago. :pop4::pop4:

Paul

Bjoern
July 16th, 2014, 11:59
Since I'm on a roll ... I'll throw this one out as well.

Guys ... just politely asking: What's the hold-up???:dizzy:

Most probably other stuff going on.

Hold your horses, you've got enough other toys to play with in the meantime.

Helldiver
July 19th, 2014, 13:45
It's now been almost eight years since I gave Razbam all my SB2C stuff, He said it might take 6 months. That's when I was young, only 78 years old. My sight was good as well as my hearing. Now I have Macular Degenertion and can only see 20% out of one eye and 40% out of the other. I now wear hearing aids. They may as well be ornaments for all the good they do.
I wish all the success with Razbam's Helldiver. But sadly, it's a bit too late for me.

falcon409
July 19th, 2014, 15:56
Helldiver, I feel your pain. I had similar high hopes for a certain Century Fighter which I suspect may never be released but most certainly released long after I'm gone from Flightsim. Eight years ago, had they gotten right to your SB2C they may have actually had it close to completion in 6 months, but now it takes that long or longer before one even sees the exterior model without texturing, lol. Unfortunately priorities change and seem to change quite often even during a current project which can suddenly find itself shelved to jump on one that is deemed to have better marketability. It is the nature of the hobby that if a developer has a connection or a deep interest in a particular aircraft they will migrate to that rather than labor over something that seems tedious and uninteresting. Work will always progress much faster and be of a better quality when it's something you love or have a connection with. Not saying that's the reason for the long wait in your case mind you, but that can be a factor for some.

Pips
July 19th, 2014, 21:53
It'd simply be nice to hear from Razbam if the SB2C is still even under development or not.

wombat666
July 19th, 2014, 22:52
Said it before "It would appear that the 'preview' postings from certain developers are more to gauge consumer interest rather than a commitment to production.
Note I say 'certain developers', generally the ones who announce a product do so shortly before release.
The equivalent of chumming the water in fishing terms .......":banghead:
Said it again.

stansdds
July 20th, 2014, 02:27
Said it before "It would appear that the 'preview' postings from certain developers are more to gauge consumer interest rather than a commitment to production.
Note I say 'certain developers', generally the ones who announce a product do so shortly before release.
Said it again.

I must agree. Some developers seem to post previews, but the project takes years to complete. Some developers post previews shortly before the release. Some developers post previews, then go silent and the project goes cold.

Bjoern
July 20th, 2014, 07:38
Said it again.

Can I repost my reply from the last thread then?

fsafranek
July 20th, 2014, 08:18
I must agree. Some developers seem to post previews, but the project takes years to complete. Some developers post previews shortly before the release. Some developers post previews, then go silent and the project goes cold.
I think in some cases they do it to try and stake a claim on that subject. At one time a particular developer was saying they had one in the works for just about anything that was mentioned.

My hat is off to Milviz for jumping forward with their F-4 project while we all wait years for another group to make their own.

Is there an FS2004 SBC2 the community can convert to FSX for Helldiver?
:ernaehrung004:

hschuit
July 20th, 2014, 09:11
I think in some cases they do it to try and stake a claim on that subject. At one time a particular developer was saying they had one in the works for just about anything that was mentioned.

My hat is off to Milviz for jumping forward with their F-4 project while we all wait years for another group to make their own.

Is there an FS2004 SBC2 the community can convert to FSX for Helldiver?
:ernaehrung004:

Simviation.com has a portover:
http://simviation.com:8000/thumbnail-697.jpg-thumb.jpg http://simviation.com:8000/thumbnailVC-7.jpg-thumb.jpg
48.12Mb (3254 downloads)
Curtiss SB2C-4 Helldiver, updated for FSX-Acceleration. All credits go to Wolfgang "Wolfi" Faber (see the original readme!). 2 Models, 5 liveries. Working VC, all necessary gauges included. Wings fold, divebrakes work together with the bombbay-doors, tailhook comes out, cowlflaps work and rear cockpit closes. Gun-effects for fun. Enjoy!
Posted Nov 1, 2012 19:29 by erik hertzberger

http://simviation.com/1/browse-Vintage-66-28