PDA

View Full Version : REX4 install cont.

olderndirt
July 8th, 2014, 07:33
Still hung up on this. Have all the REX4 files downloaded and waiting in IDM. The 'save to' address for each is C\Users\Dave\Downloads\REX4install but that folder remains empty. It's something stupid so, besides me, what is it?

Smashing Time
July 8th, 2014, 11:32
you need to register on the REX Support forum and post your problem.

http://www.realenvironmentxtreme.com/forums/

olderndirt
July 8th, 2014, 12:28
you need to register on the REX Support forum and post your problem.

http://www.realenvironmentxtreme.com/forums/

It's actually a PC Aviator problem. This is a 6+ Gb download broken into 11 separate unzipped files. The idea is to download and send these in a single designated folder then, from there, execute the install. IDM did the downloads but won't deliver them to the folder. Four attempts to contact the vendor but no joy yet.

Duckie
July 8th, 2014, 14:11
Try doing it without the download manager. I did not use one. Just right click each file in the list and save target as...into your designated folder. It takes a while because of file size. I don't know your set up or download situation but it worked for me.

Steve

papab
July 8th, 2014, 14:33
Still hung up on this. Have all the REX4 files downloaded and waiting in IDM. The 'save to' address for each is C\Users\Dave\Downloads\REX4install but that folder remains empty. It's something stupid so, besides me, what is it?

I am assuming you mean REX 4 Texture direct?
Did you download the Installation manual on the PC aviator web site?

Here is the link for the download:

Rick

You really need to register at the REX support forums, lot's of information there

olderndirt
July 8th, 2014, 17:28
[QUOTE=papab;894485]I am assuming you mean REX 4 Texture direct?
Did you download the Installation manual on the PC aviator web site?

Rick

I have a copy of that guide and it's based on the assumption that I have them all in a single folder ready to run 'set-up.exe'. I have all the downloaded files but they're still in IDM and I don't have a clue how to get them on the path I assigned to IDM before download. PC Aviator probably knows how but there's nobody home - four tries now. Don't really need this agony with Essentials working great but thought, for the price, what the hey.

papab
July 8th, 2014, 18:08
I use IDM as well with no problems...
You should have 4 folders in IDM:
Compressed
Documents
Programs
Videos

I think some of the files from REX 4 went into the program folder-make sure you have all the files that are listed in the install manual on page 6
You can simply make a new folder on your desktop( right click the mouse and select new-> folder)
Copy and paste all the files from the compressed folder and any others related to REX 4 into the new folder and run the setup.exe file
Direct the install into the root drive C:\REX texture direct\

If you register at the REX forums,they can even give one-on -one assistance

RobM
July 8th, 2014, 18:43
I purchased REX4Direct from PCAviator and downloaded with IDM back in April without problem.

I just checked, and my download links to the Rex4Direct files are still active, so I created a new folder
and re-downloaded a couple of the small files (autorun.exe and autorun.inf), and no problem.
But I did have to browse to the new folder, and then open it, each time.

Are you sure you browsed completely into and downloaded to the correct folder? And when you
downloaded, did IDM show it's download screen with the green bar above and the smaller purple bars
below, and show completed when done? Sorry, that's not very scientific, but if you have IDM, I'm sure
you know what I mean.

I'm wondering if maybe you have in fact downloaded, but have maybe dumped all the files all over your
drive instead of into the folder (I've done that myself through not browsing all the way into the new
folder I created, with the resut IDM dumped things into the drive in general. I've done that more than
once).

But if IDM did not show its download screen at all, then maybe it's a set up problem with IDM.

In any case, there seems no limit on the number of downloads you can do, so why not retry with just one of
the small files, like the autorun.inf (only 1 kb) or the autorun.exe (only 9 kb), taking care to browse to
the correct new folder, and opening it, see if you can get those small files to download to the folder.

If you can get one the small files downloaded to the correct folder, then you should be ok after that with
the larger CAB files.

Just some thoughts. I hope that helps.

Thanks - Rob.

olderndirt
July 9th, 2014, 08:47
I have a 'REX4install' folder on desktop and all the files are in there but clicking 'setup.exe' gets me this10050