PDA

View Full Version : Scratching my head

b52bob
July 2nd, 2014, 21:10
Never saw this before...
after one flight after returning to the free flight screen, the aircraft box is black. If I reload a new aircraft or even use the old one, the sim loads and then the monitor goes to the desktop. I can still hear engine sounds and if I hit esc the end flight screen comes up and I can go to quit fsx.

I am running an I 5 and a nvidia 620 with 2 Meg's memory. I am aware that this card is not the best for fsx and am planning to replace with a 750.

Any ideas anyone?

Thanks in advance for you help.
bob

Roger
July 2nd, 2014, 22:46
You could try updating to the latest Nvidia drivers.

racartron
July 2nd, 2014, 22:52
I have that issue from time to time and it usually is caused by my video card crashing. Most of the time it recovers and I move on but every once in a while it fails to do so and I have to reload fsX. The other day it stayed black even after a reload, making me reboot the entire PC.

I have an older nVidia GT9800 with 1 GB of memory, so card induced crashes are not uncommon, but haven't pulled together the $$ for a decent upgrade -- yet.

Ian Warren
July 2nd, 2014, 22:58
Never saw this before...

am planning to replace with a 750.

Any ideas anyone?

Thanks in advance for you help.

I had similar issues and yes the card was on it last legs , I have replaced with a GTX750Ti 2GB in the last week and the results are sparkling.