PDA

View Full Version : A case of the blurries

gray eagle
July 2nd, 2014, 12:07
I installed a repaint for the stock FSX Cessna 208 in Fedex livery and the lettering looks a bit blurry. Is there any adjustments to clear the lettering up?
It's a repaint of FedEx Feeder. By Philipp Dorn.

http://i60.tinypic.com/xd8g2d.jpg

Blackbird686
July 2nd, 2014, 12:25
It appears that the textures have mip-maps to me. I could be wrong but if you want, use Martin Wright's DXTBMP and just re-save the textures without mip-maps and see what happens. Also check the alpha channel and be sure the alpha isn't black before re-saving the textures. If it doesn't work you can always re-install the original textures. That's about all I can think of at the mo... The other thing might be that the textures may need to be modified to fit FSX criteria, but I'm just guessing at that.

BB686:US-flag:

gray eagle
July 2nd, 2014, 12:35
It appears that the textures have mip-maps to me. I could be wrong but if you want, use Martin Wright's DXTBMP and just re-save the textures without mip-maps and see what happens. Also check the alpha channel and be sure the alpha isn't black before re-saving the textures. If it doesn't work you can always re-install the original textures. That's about all I can think of at the mo... The other thing might be that the textures may need to be modified to fit FSX criteria, but I'm just guessing at that.

BB686:US-flag:

I just noticed that all the dds textures that have lettering are blurry.

gray eagle
July 2nd, 2014, 12:42
I found this thread that address's the blurry issue with ALL stock FSX C 208's textures.

Some how a boo boo was made, don't know where or how.