PDA

View Full Version : Second install on CFS3

Axenti
January 22nd, 2009, 22:31
I want to put a second install on my rig for CFS3

this install will be there for stand allone plains but will it interfere with ły regular install? what do i need to do to make it happen and that i always have a clean install on my regular game, thank you for the advice at for hand.

flyer01
January 22nd, 2009, 23:07
Axenti, Tell the installer to put it in a different location on your hard drive away from your M$ file. If you have the ETO 1.02 copy and paste the MultiCFS3 in to your new install (be for you run it the first time) of your new cfs3 and name it something like cfs3 offline and the first time you run your new install it will have its our file in Application Data\Microsoft. You can also c/paste your joystick setting from your org CFS3 Application Data\Microsoft file in to your new file of CFS3.

Hope this helps,
flyer01

Axenti
January 23rd, 2009, 00:31
Axenti, Tell the installer to put it in a different location on your hard drive away from your M$ file. If you have the ETO 1.02 copy and paste the MultiCFS3 in to your new install (be for you run it the first time) of your new cfs3 and name it something like cfs3 offline and the first time you run your new install it will have its our file in Application Data\Microsoft. You can also c/paste your joystick setting from your org CFS3 Application Data\Microsoft file in to your new file of CFS3.

Hope this helps,
flyer01

Thanks for the advice i gonna install tonight to make sjure it will be ok i get some help on TS thanks ;-)

gwar
January 23rd, 2009, 04:02
with some games, you need to start with a clean install, then copy the entire folder and paste it somewhere and rename it to something like "cfs3clean". Then you will uninstall the original that you made a copy of. After you uninstall it, you can install a new copy where ever you like and move the original back to its default installation.
Why do all this moving around? Because some games wont install twice, it just wants to uninstall. This is how I do my multiple installs with the thirdwire series.

grizzly50
January 23rd, 2009, 04:44
with some games, you need to start with a clean install, then copy the entire folder and paste it somewhere and rename it to something like "cfs3clean". Then you will uninstall the original that you made a copy of. After you uninstall it, you can install a new copy where ever you like and move the original back to its default installation.
Why do all this moving around? Because some games wont install twice, it just wants to uninstall. This is how I do my multiple installs with the thirdwire series.

:kilroy:Gwar, I'm posting this again. All installs of CFS3 without any kind of programming modification will place the game data from play into a single set of folders inside your Application Data and My Documents folders.There is only one quick and easy way to keep this information from getting corrupted. You need Martin Wright's Multicfs3.exe.

This little program is located here: http://www.mnwright.btinternet.co.uk/

1. While on the Home Page, look to the left side and click on CFS3 from the list.

2. Then scroll down the next page and look for Utilities and click on the word.

3. While on the next page, click on Multi Install.

4. Now look on this new page for MultiCFS3 and click on the yellow dot.

This will allow you to download the program.

Then unzip it and look for an icon that shows an airplane under a magnifying glass. Copy this into the game install you wish to change.

Before you do anything else, just rename the CFS3 install main folder to the name you want. After you do this, go into the same folder and run Multicfs3.exe. It simply allows you to create two new folders in your Application Data and My Documents folders, named the way you choose with the Multicfs3.exe. This program is already included in MAW, PTO, Korean Skies, ETO, and I believe, OFF. It's the only safe way to go. Good luck.:d

Here is where to get it

Axenti
January 23rd, 2009, 07:51
:kilroy:Gwar, I'm posting this again. All installs of CFS3 without any kind of programming modification will place the game data from play into a single set of folders inside your Application Data and My Documents folders.There is only one quick and easy way to keep this information from getting corrupted. You need Martin Wright's Multicfs3.exe.

This little program is located here: http://www.mnwright.btinternet.co.uk/

1. While on the Home Page, look to the left side and click on CFS3 from the list.

2. Then scroll down the next page and look for Utilities and click on the word.

3. While on the next page, click on Multi Install.

4. Now look on this new page for MultiCFS3 and click on the yellow dot.

This will allow you to download the program.

Then unzip it and look for an icon that shows an airplane under a magnifying glass. Copy this into the game install you wish to change.

Before you do anything else, just rename the CFS3 install main folder to the name you want. After you do this, go into the same folder and run Multicfs3.exe. It simply allows you to create two new folders in your Application Data and My Documents folders, named the way you choose with the Multicfs3.exe. This program is already included in MAW, PTO, Korean Skies, ETO, and I believe, OFF. It's the only safe way to go. Good luck.:d

Here is where to get it

thanks for the feedback i wil take this all with me if i gonna install my socond CFS3