PDA

View Full Version : Orbx not showing in Library

falcon409
June 27th, 2014, 06:05
I have installed the following regions (The Base PNW. . .Northern/Central Rockies and Pacific Fjords). All installed using the triple Installer and all showing in FTX Central. When I switch from "P3D Default" to "North America" and then go into the sim, nothing of FTX has been installed. I have ten other smaller airports that I have installed manually (Orbx hasn't seen fit to do installers for those yet), and those display correctly in the sim, but the regions do not. I could do each one individually but what a pain, and besides, that's what FTX Central is supposed to be for. Anyone else run into this?

falcon409
June 27th, 2014, 15:38
No one? Even a guess? lol

AussieMan
June 27th, 2014, 16:44
Did you set FTX Central to North America before you ran P3D?

falcon409
June 27th, 2014, 17:08
Did you set FTX Central to North America before you ran P3D?
Yes, repeated that process about a half dozen times with the same results. None of the regions are installed in that process. Only the small airports that I loaded manually are there. I guess I'll have to load the regions manually, however I'm assuming that by doing that FTX Central will not be able to deactivate them if I want to. Worth a try I guess. I'd ask this over on the website, but I was asked to leave years ago, lol.

AussieMan
June 27th, 2014, 21:21
I know what you mean about the site. Over the years I have had several unwanted holidays simply because I say it as it is and someone didn't like the truth. Looking at the site at the moment, especially the screenshot forum you need to have muddy knees and a brown nose to get anywhere there.

That is why I like this site as you can post screenshots using any particular scenery and can discuss/promote other developers.

falcon409
June 28th, 2014, 08:14
Well, here's the deal. I used the Triple Installer to install all of the Orbx Regions I own. . .PNW, North/Central Rockies and Pacific Fjords. FTX Central will not install them into the Scenery Library. No matter how many times I run it, it will not install the regions. I also Installed those same regions (using the triple installer) in 1.4. . .FTX Central for that Sim installs correctly.

Back to 2.2. . .I finally manually installed the regions (in the correct order) and then the smaller airports (ones I had purchased and the free ones). Went into the sim to verify that everything was in the Scenery Library (it was) then closed the sim. Ran the FTX Central to deactivate Orbx scenery and run just the P3D default. Load the sim, go back to the scenery library and EVERYTHING Orbx related is gone. . . .not deactivated (unchecked) it's physically gone. How's that for screwy??

AussieMan
June 28th, 2014, 16:56
Strange Ed, the installer is supposed to add the file to the Scenery Library as it goes along.

falcon409
June 28th, 2014, 22:10
Strange Ed, the installer is supposed to add the file to the Scenery Library as it goes along.
Pat, after manually installing everything. . .it seems I must have "primed the pump" so to speak, because now FTX Central works correctly. However, right from the Triple Installer, to using FTX Central, it refused to load anything. The individual airports remain installed but I expected that as there isn't an installer yet to handle those, but it's easy enough to deactivate those in the Scenery Library. Just weird.