PDA

View Full Version : My apology to VISTA users, but this is it!

Deadmeat1971
January 22nd, 2009, 19:43
I apologize for those who had went all this trouble, installing OFF Phase 2, to make this work. I did too.

However, let's get to the point, the good news!!!

I've just gotten done testing it one more time, just to be sure. With the help of my beta tester, who is referred as Waya-the-Wolf (special thanks to him) who does NOT have OFF Phase 2 (Shell.exe). We did the test, based on my instructions, and it worked!

As long as you don't rename it back to the cfs3.exe, it worked!---What?! Did I read right. Do not rename it back to the cfs3.exe?! Just read below and try it yourself...

__________________________________________________ ___________________________________________

HOW TO PLAY MULTIPLAYING FOR THE ORIGINAL
MICROSOFT COMBAT FLIGHT SIMULATOR 3
UNDER VISTA

This is only applied for VISTA users, XP users do NOT need it to host or join servers for VISTA players.

Requires just the original CFS3 only! --This is no joke. This for real. Try it.

Here what you do to make it work for the CFS3:

Copy the cfs3.exe from your CFS3 folder (example: C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Combat Flight Simulator 3) and paste it into a different folder. Within this different folder, rename this cfs3.exe (by right-clicking the mouse button to select 'Rename') into whatever name you choose--like cfs3mp.exe, cfs3vista.exe, vistacfs3.exe, etc..

Again, this is no joke. Try it.

Suppose, you renamed it cfs3mp.exe. Now, cut this new cfs3mp.exe back into the main CFS3 folder (example: C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Combat Flight Simulator 3).

Next, make a shortcut on your desktop to browse for the cfs3mp.exe under your CFS3 folder. Once the shortcut is created, right-click the mouse button on the shortcut to bring up the 'Properties'. Click on 'Properties'. Select the tab, 'Compatibility', and then check 'Run this program in compatibility mode for: Windows XP (Service Pack 2)' under Compatibility mode.

Try that---join a mutiplaying server.

If it still doesn't work, try running it as an administrator either by:

1) Right-clicking the shortcut icon again and choose 'Run as adminstrator'
or
2) Check 'Run this program as an adminstrator' under Privilege Level which is also located under the tab, 'Compatibility', in 'Properties'.

That's it!:faint::faint::faint:
__________________________________________________ ____________________________________________