PDA

View Full Version : Question re: Sound Cards

deKoven
June 23rd, 2014, 01:35
Hmm, I have an HP puter with no space (slots) for a sound card. There is the internal sound system but it does not suffice for gaming, etc., etc. I looked on the usual sites for sound cards and find a few but it seems that there is something new on the ?horizon? that I don't understand. This is a "sound card" built in to a USB device that plugs in to the system. Is this a real sound card, or is it something else, and if it is then is it any good for use in my circumstances. What I need is a sound card that'll be used for Ventrillo so I can talk to my buds while gaming. Any advice ????

:stupid:

Navy Chief
June 23rd, 2014, 03:19
You might take a look at a device from Creative:

http://us.store.creative.com/Creative-Sound-Blaster-XFi-Surround-5.1/M/B0044DEDCA.htm

It is designed for your exact situation, I believe. I have used Creative products in the past, and thought their quality was quite good. My PC onboard sound is sufficient, or I would get this for myself. NC

AndyG43
June 23rd, 2014, 06:39
Been considering that solution myself NC, as I have just one spare PCIe slot and that is earmarked for a USB 3 card. I've tended to stick with Creative cards in the past and was always impressed with their quality; the reviews I've read suggests this is every bit as good, and supposedly streets ahead of any other external unit.

Odie
June 29th, 2014, 12:05
I've always used a Creative soundcard since day one; although the onboard sound these days is (I'm told) sufficent and handles the job nicely.