PDA

View Full Version : Orbx "Triple Installers"

sketchy
June 21st, 2014, 14:43
Has anyone here used "triple installers" for Orbx scenery for P3V2?

I had England installed for FSX, but as it was prior to the Triple installer it did not work correctly in P3D2. Now I have downloaded the triple installer does anyone know what the correct procedure for installing is? Do i need to remove the current install, if so how do i do that correctly as cleanly as there is now un-installer package.

Also is there a way to just load it into FSX and then point P3D to it to avoid double installs?

Cheers,

Sketchy

AussieMan
June 21st, 2014, 16:25
With the triple installers you run as you would normally run an installer but after agreeing to the terms of use one of the next screens gives you a choice of installing into either FSX, P3D V1.4 or P3D V2.2. Just click on the sim you want to install to (radio button beside each sim).

Make sure you have uninstalled any previous versions of the file you are installing though.

To uninstall go run P3d V2.xx then go to your scenery library (alt+w+s) and untick then delete the 4 England entries. Then go to the ORBX folder in the P3D V2.xx root folder and delete the England folder. After that you can install the new version of England.

sketchy
June 21st, 2014, 16:42
Aussieman,

Thanks so much for your help, very much appreciated.

Best

Fraser.

falcon409
June 22nd, 2014, 21:07
Pat, is this an installer for "any" Orbx Scenery or just certain ones? I have all the Rockies, PNW, some small airports, etc. that I haven't been able to install because of the lack of an installer that's compatible with P3D.

TuFun
June 22nd, 2014, 22:23
You should be able to download the scenery with triple installers with your account.

"The last 3 NA Regions (NRM-Northern Rockies, CRM-Central Rockies & PFJ-Pacific Fjords) have now been re-released as triple installers so you can now install them into P3Dv2*. All have been updated to the latest patches as at April 2014."

"Existing customers can log into their accounts and download the new version. Also, FSS DVD customers can also log in and "purchase" the download version for free."

I have NRM 1.4, PNW 1.8, and PFJ 1.4 with triple installers.

Gman is also updating WA79 Walter Sutton's Ranch Re-booted for P3D2.2 and FSX
(http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/80143-wa79-walter-suttons-ranch-re-booted-for-p3d22-and-fsx/)
More info... http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/78470-ftx-na-nrm-crm-pfj-triple-installers/
(http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/78470-ftx-na-nrm-crm-pfj-triple-installers/)

AussieMan
June 23rd, 2014, 00:07
Ed,

Each scenery/airport file comes with the triple installers. Here is an example of the Wollongong (YWOL) airport. Also a screenshot of what you should see on the FSS site for each file that has been updated to triple installers.

All the PNW regions have been updated but you need to go to your account at the FSS and download the updated version. All the EU Files for England and Ireland have also been updated.

falcon409
June 23rd, 2014, 04:07
Thanks guys. I will go check this out and get those downloaded and installed.:wavey:

falcon409
June 23rd, 2014, 04:40
Well, they must be working backwards. I last bought scenery 2 years ago and nothing from that point back to the original PNW releases has a triple installer yet. Not the small airports like Cushman Meadows or Israels Farm, not Northern/Central Rockies, Pacific Fjords. Guess it's gonna be awhile.

vora
June 23rd, 2014, 10:42
Ed, Northern/Central Rockies and Pacific Fjords do have triple installers. Just redownload them from your account. Actually, all regions except the two New Zealands have triple installers by now.

It is true that NA airfields haven't been P3D'ed, only the newest releases after Redding have triple installers out of the box. They're just about starting to convert the NA airfields. Bonners Ferry, Goheen and Walter Sutton's are obviously in work. I guess that's because most of the designers are frenetically working on airports for their successful NorCal region. So, yes it'll take some time.

Most of the Aussie airports have already been reworked for P3D.

In case you haven't seen it yet, here is the current master list of P3D compatible Orbx stuff:
http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/68566-master-list-of-all-p3d2-ready-orbx-products/

Daube
June 23rd, 2014, 11:16
Just for information, concerning the NA airports... I have Concrete and Darrington.
They were installed together with PNW for my FSX.
I downloaded the triple installer for PNW, which I installed in the same location than my FSX install (using the "symbolic links" technique).
When I launched the FTX Central, Darrington and Concrete were already showing up in the library, and both airports show perfectly in P3D.

Of course, my FSX install is screwed now. But I don't really care, since I don't use it anymore.

falcon409
June 23rd, 2014, 11:16
thanks vora, but I already checked my account, went to each of my purchases, none of them show any sign of the download being the new installer. Nothing like what Pat shows in his post above.

vora
June 23rd, 2014, 12:19
Ed, there is nothing on your FSS account/download page that hints to P3D2 other than the version number in the file name. Pat's first picture you will see only deep into the installation process. The second picture with the blue banner is the product page in the store (which you don't see in your account).

Go to to your NRM download page and press the "download" button. All download servers should offer OrbxFTXNABlueNRM140.zip. Version 1.40 of NRM does include the triple intaller. Download OrbxFTXNABlueNRM140.zip and start the installation. Eventually you will get to Pat's first picture.
Do the same with OrbxFTXNABluePFJ140.zip and OrbxFTXNAGoldCRM130.zip.

@Daube: OrbX' Objectflow module for FSX is totally incompatible with P3D. That was what delayed the conversion process of NA airports in the first place. With your method the objectflow controlled objects (i.e. all season dependent objects) shouldn't show up in P3D.

Daube
June 23rd, 2014, 12:47
You are surely right, these objects might be missing, but I didn't notice them. (I didn't make a comparison)
The airports are showing nicely, with people moving and all vegetation, so it looks quite good already. There are no "obvious" missing things, or any black objects because of missing textures, or anything like that. So the airports are already very usable.

vora
June 23rd, 2014, 13:09
Did you try hard winter? Are there people in shorts or no people at all? That's what objectflow is doing... kill all barbeque parties, clothing people appropriately and putting snowpiles on rooftops.

Daube
June 23rd, 2014, 14:42
Just made a test. Just like you said, people are still wearing summer clothes :biggrin-new:
Ah well, for the moment I guess I'll fly in summer time. Thanks for the explanations on the People Flow role. :)

AussieMan
June 23rd, 2014, 16:20
Ed,

With the exception of the Australian airports and newly released airports no other airports have been updated yet. The last 2 regions to be updated to triple installers are NZSI and NZNI after which the PNW and England airports will be updated to triple installers.

warchild
June 26th, 2014, 14:14
Could someone please recommend a course of action i could follow? Every time i try to log into the flight sim store theyve forgotten my email address and i cant get in. I purchased PNW back in 2010 and wish to move it to P3D but i dont have the installer and currentlycannot afford to re-buy the scenery and am unable to log into my account to download the new installers. Any advice will be considered with appreciation..
Thanks
Pam

PS, I do have a one year membership to the store which i bought last september. I cant get into that either..