PDA

View Full Version : Weird CFS3 problem when reinstalling CFS3 for OFFBHAH

polecat0942
January 22nd, 2009, 16:54
I also posted this in OFF forum but its really a CFS3 problem, so I may find someone with a solution here.

I uninstalled OFF P3 and cfs3.1a completely off of my system and started reinstalling. Here is the weird thing and I remember this happening the last time I installed CFS3. My dvd drive is my D:\ drive and that is what I installed CFS3 from. After I install it, and with Disk2 in drive D:\, I get an error that it cannot find the game disk please insert it in the E:\ drive. SIDENOTE: the only E: F: G: H: drives I have are Flash memory card readers. If I click cancel a few times (I think 4 is the magic number) the error message finally disappears and the game loads up (every time I click cancel it asks to put a disk in E:\ drive, so its not scanning for drives that I can tell). So is there a way to tell CFS3 to look for the disk in D:\ drive? I'm afraid to continue installation until I have this resolved, as I fear this is what may be corrupting my P3 installing and making it act funny even after it runs. Thanks in advance for any help.

Thanks,

John

polecat0942
January 22nd, 2009, 17:55
Turned out to be my card reader conflicting in some way. I disconnected the card reader from a USB pin set on my motherboard and the problem is gone. The only problem now is that I would like to be able to connect that card reader back up in the future and wonder if there is a way to prevent this problem from reoccurring?

Thanks,

John