PDA

View Full Version : Uss sable or wolverine

tgycgijoes
June 11th, 2014, 09:15
I thought that one or both of these two inland carriers was available for FS9 but can't find them anywhere anymore. Does anyone know if I am right, was dreaming/wishing or did they disappear? If they are in your library or you know where they are can you share that info please?

I am just about finished with NAS Glenview 1943 for FS9 (NAS Glenview 1980s is around for FSX) made with ADE and I have tweaked Dave Eckert's Stearman and AT6 aircraft with checklists and reference kneeboard files from the POH's. My goal is like being done here for CFS2 a USN Training Scenario to be shared with anyone who wants to join in.

I'm a Vietnam Carrier vet, 4 years aboard USS America CVA66 then in P3s out of NAS Glenview til it closed in 1993; my father worked at NAVCAD HQ in Chicago from 1942-1943; then to NAS Fort Lauderdale where Flight 19 took off ??? from and he finished WWII aboard the seaplane tender USS Barnegat AVP10 until 1946 when it was mothballed at Orange TX. My uncle was aboard USS Breton a jeep carrier in the Pacific from 1944-1946. You could say Naval Aviation is in the blood, this project is near and dear and I would like to find them.

Sascha66
June 11th, 2014, 09:28
There is one for CFS2 right here: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/local_links.php?action=jump&catid=42&id=6289

I'm not sure if that converts to FS2004 use but the expertes here will be able to answer that one!

Cheers,
Sascha

tgycgijoes
June 11th, 2014, 09:32
Thank you for that, downloading as we speak. I think that it is compatible or for sure I can find out here. :applause:

I just finished downloading into PDF using CutePDF a fantastic 100pp of photos and comments about training aboard these on Lake Michigan. I trained Sea Cadets in seamanship and navigation on Lake Michigan each summer from 1980-1992 on the ex CGC McLane for two week cruises on the lake. Lot of fun and good memories.

tgycgijoes
June 11th, 2014, 09:37
Warbird Information Exchange • View topic - USS Sable and USS Wolverine ... (http://warbirdinformationexchange.org/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=48962&start=60)

Sascha66
June 11th, 2014, 14:43
Thank you for that, downloading as we speak. I think that it is compatible or for sure I can find out here. :applause:

I just finished downloading into PDF using CutePDF a fantastic 100pp of photos and comments about training aboard these on Lake Michigan. I trained Sea Cadets in seamanship and navigation on Lake Michigan each summer from 1980-1992 on the ex CGC McLane for two week cruises on the lake. Lot of fun and good memories.

Great times I'm sure! I used to do a lot of sailing in my younger days but my eyes were too bad for a career in the merchant navy which I considered as a young man, to my great regret ...

It would be great to get Wolverine working with Arrestor Cables so one could fly launches and traps!

tgycgijoes
June 12th, 2014, 05:31
Great times I'm sure! I used to do a lot of sailing in my younger days but my eyes were too bad for a career in the merchant navy which I considered as a young man, to my great regret ...

It would be great to get Wolverine working with Arrestor Cables so one could fly launches and traps!

I looked at the CFS2 file yesterday;it is constructed like an FS9 aircraft file but for CFS2 ships because they move and have damage profiles. Aircraft Carriers in FS9 are scenery with textures. I have downloaded a couple FS9 examples of WWII Aircraft Carriers and am working on Wolverine / Sable but have not yet been successful. I will keep trying and announce and post here as soon as they work. They're are all kinds of good FS9 aircraft already existing that can fly off of them as soon as they are done: FM2 (F4F), SBD, TBM, F4U and SNJ.

TARPSBird
June 14th, 2014, 23:20
As you work on your Sable and Wolverine you may want to take a look at Paul "PutPut" Clawson's USS Saratoga (CV-3) package for FS9 and see how he has it packaged so the user can tweak the .bgl file to relocate the ship from its original location. It may be here in the SOH files but I know for sure it's at Flightsim.com as sarav3.zip​.

tgycgijoes
June 15th, 2014, 19:58
As you work on your Sable and Wolverine you may want to take a look at Paul "PutPut" Clawson's USS Saratoga (CV-3) package for FS9 and see how he has it packaged so the user can tweak the .bgl file to relocate the ship from its original location. It may be here in the SOH files but I know for sure it's at Flightsim.com as sarav3.zip​.

I have downloaded this as well as the CarDiv 1 files which are more detailed files of both Saratoga and Lexington. They are a gmax created scenery mdl with an AF2 overlay of a runway and 2 unknown library objects one on top of the other as best as I can tell. I opened the AF2 file in ADE. I tried to do something with creating a carrier and I don't have the skills or the patience to learn how to maniplulate a 3D drawing program which is what is needed to truly create either carrier. Relocating the ship is no problem I did that as practice right out into the middle of Lake Michigan in 1943 but Sara and Lex are not close to the Sable or Wolverine which are only about 550 feet long, not 800 feet long. I would love to have one or both of these but need someone who wants to take the time to create them from scratch for all of us to share here. If you look above you will find a link to the Warbird Information webpage to tons of photos of the real Sable and Wolverine. Thank you for taking the time to reply.