PDA

View Full Version : Danica to F1?

Daveroo
June 8th, 2014, 03:42
this makes me wonder if Bob Dilner is working at foxsports? he is known to make things up and then act as if it were true,and report on it.

Haas thinks Danica could succeed in F1: With #10-Danica Patrick still struggling in NASCAR, could she be headed back to open-wheel racing as one of the drivers for her boss, Gene Haas, who will launch a North Carolina-based Formula One team in 2016? That question was posed to Haas Saturday afternoon following qualifying for the Canadian Grand Prix, and while he sounded intrigued by the possibility, he also sounded as though it would be unlikely to actually happen. Asked if Patrick would be a good candidate for the Haas Formula One team, Haas said, "I think she would. I think she would. She would bring an awful lot of viewership. I think it would be great for America. I think she would be a great candidate." Haas then quickly added, "Whether that's going to happen or not ... that's, that's, that's ... you know I think that's kind of a long shot there, too."(FoxSports (http://msn.foxsports.com/nascar/story/danica-patrick-to-formula-one-with-gene-haas-don-t-rule-it-out-060714))(6-8-2014)

stansdds
June 8th, 2014, 06:03
Interesting, to say the least. If true, maybe she can do better in F1. I wonder if Go Daddy is getting tired of sponsoring a losing car in the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series?

Terry
June 8th, 2014, 06:40
How many times over the NASCAR budget is the F1 budget for one car? 2? 5?

Roxane-21
June 8th, 2014, 06:44
I don't see her in F1, or at least not as soon as 2016. She haven't driven an open-wheel racecar since 2011, and even before that she didn't get so much good results. Maybe if she run 1 or 2 seasons of GP2 or World Series, and only if she is able to get good results in these series, then she could be a potential F1 driver.

And her road/street course statistics are worse than her oval statistics...

Panther_99FS
June 8th, 2014, 07:44
I don't see her in F1, or at least not as soon as 2016. She haven't driven an open-wheel racecar since 2011, and even before that she didn't get so much good results. Maybe if she run 1 or 2 seasons of GP2 or World Series, and only if she is able to get good results in these series, then she could be a potential F1 driver.

And her road/street course statistics are worse than her oval statistics...

Roger that.
In Indycar, she was a slightly above average driver on a top team. There were other women on lesser teams & equipment that at times, gave Danica a run for her money in her high powered Andretti Motorsports. Tough to choose who was faster between her and Marco Andretti (who is only slightly above average too).

Edit:
And Yep - Montoya never did outstanding on ovals in NASCAR - but straight out of the box, Montoya was fast on the 2 NASCAR road courses. Whereas we're still waiting for Danica's speed on road courses in NASCAR.

IMHO, Simon De Silvestro is a quicker road course driver than Danica but in Indycar, she never was on a powerhouse team like Danica was. If Simona makes it to F1 next year, look to see how she does & then *guestimate* Danica being a bit slower.

Ferry_vO
June 8th, 2014, 07:54
She'll be 36 years old if she would move to F1 in 2016; almost twice the age of the current crop of rookies. Not going to happen.

wombat666
June 8th, 2014, 07:59
Echoed my thoughts Ferry.
Of course, she could do a 'Maldonado' and bring along $40 Million along to one of the minnows but that won't happen either.
:biggrin-new:

Ferry_vO
June 8th, 2014, 08:02
She might have had a chance this year though, seeing how the cars are struggling with the weight rules and Danica weighing just 100 lbs according to Wiki....

joe bob
June 8th, 2014, 08:46
" She would bring an awful lot of viewership."

Haas pretty much sums up it up right there.
Any other driver would be rumored to be sent back down the ladder not up another rung.
Running from the truth of the matter.

wombat666
June 8th, 2014, 12:23
I doubt it, the 'International' Formula 1 audience is rather different to the one she performs in front of now.
And she certainly is not capable of running a race like the Canadian GP .................................................. ..... Daniel Ricciardo!!!!! OUT-BLOODY-STANDING!!!!!! :redfire:

:australia: :triumphant: :australia:

Panther_99FS
June 16th, 2014, 19:26
“Out of respect for Gene, if he came to me I would certainly listen, but I am almost getting too old to start a third career,” she added

-> http://msn.foxsports.com/speed/formula-1/danica-patrick-discusses-formula-1-possibility/