PDA

View Full Version : Fictional USMC F-14 D

johndetrick
June 6th, 2014, 10:36
Just uploaded to here and Flightsim.com two repaints of Dino Catteneo's F14. It's a little known fact that the USMC almost had F-14's. In fact one squadron was in training when the Commandant pulled the plug.

rgatkinson
June 6th, 2014, 10:45
Very nice :applause:

Taff

delta_lima
June 6th, 2014, 11:23
Very smart indeed. The USMC Tomcat came up a year or so back with v1.6 of Dino's 'Cat was out. That was the first I had heard of it. Was an interesting little-known piece of history.

I can totally picture this - early 1980s ....

I'll eat up anything you do with this bird, John!

DL

fallenphoenix1986
June 6th, 2014, 11:44
I'd heard of USMC Kitty's before though I do have a question.... whats going on with the drop taks n thet F-4?
They look like F-14 tanks and theyre on a station that to the best of my knowlege isn't plummed for fuel?

Craig

* bagage pods?

johndetrick
June 6th, 2014, 11:56
This should make you happy:jump:. Some things in the pipeline. new VC for the AS F-8 and some 122 repaints.

Navy Chief
June 6th, 2014, 11:56
I can't address whether those stations were plumbed for fuel, but if the tanks were for luggage, beer, etc,...I think they called them "blivets". NC

gray eagle
June 6th, 2014, 12:21
I can't address whether those stations were plumbed for fuel, but if the tanks were for luggage, beer, etc,...I think they called them "blivets". NC

You are correct, Blivets. We used them to haul mail, paychecks etc back in the day. While on a Det at either Yuma or Fallon (I forgot which) one of the F-4's pickled off one of its
blivets containing our paychecks. We got duplicates checks following week.

delta_lima
June 6th, 2014, 12:32
You are correct, Blivets. We used them to haul mail, paychecks etc back in the day. While on a Det at either Yuma or Fallon (I forgot which) one of the F-4's pickled off one of its
blivets containing our paychecks. We got duplicates checks following week.

Indeed - and forgiving the slight OT - they're on the C9 Phantom as one of the available loadouts.

John, looking forward to whatever USMC mischief you have cooking up ... looks yummy!

DL

rvn1968
June 6th, 2014, 13:29
Nice picture of the F-14 in VMFA-531 Colors. Was with that squadron 1966-67. Nice job.:applause:

johndetrick
June 6th, 2014, 13:45
I wasn't in the fighter community, In my career I was with VMGR-152,252, SOES(now VMR-1) and VMO-1.