PDA

View Full Version : Flying a SM79

Allister
January 22nd, 2009, 10:37
Greetings,
I hope my post is correct here. I'd like to fly a sm79, and I tried MAW: I think it is great, but al lot of CTD make it impossible to play. Generally the CTD happen after (or during) fast flying to next waypoint.
I fly it under Vista 32 (winxp compatible mode) and spawn was corrected considering campaign area and year. HD4850 as graphic card.
I will be glad if you have any suggestion. Thanks!

Allister
January 23rd, 2009, 01:34
Moreover I'd like to know if Italian bombers and campaign will be available in future ETO release, thanks.

Capt. Winters
January 23rd, 2009, 02:16
Hi Allister,

I'm not sure why your MAW is crashing so often, but I can tell you theres work being done to have Italian types in ETO, this upcoming update will see several fighters and a float plane but no bombers yet. but working on it.

regards Rob.

PS PM me your email address and I'll tell you which files to take out of MAW and put into your ETO install so you can fly the SM79 in quick combat.

and how to alter mission files so it shows up in a mission if you wish.

Rob.

Led Zeppelin
January 23rd, 2009, 10:46
which mode are you playing? CTD can come from a spawn configuration problem.

Allister
January 24th, 2009, 04:12
I play Campaign mode, selecting Greece 1940 as Italian. Before that I selected campaign as axis (with 1940, Greece) in swap setting.

O-1Driver
January 24th, 2009, 04:52
Moreover I'd like to know if Italian bombers and campaign will be available in future ETO release, thanks.

Allister, I am building Italy based Missions right now for release with the 1.2 update. Nonato will be helping me and we think you will love the missions package.

1. Italian Side, both fighter and seaplane missions against sea gladiators.
2. Royal Navy carrier missions with Swordfish, sea Gladiator and Sea Hurricane. Strike, convoy defense and anti ship missions.
3. Post Anzio with U.S.P-39 and P-40s
4. French Spitfires operating from Corsica from 11/43, antishipping and coastal attacks in Southern France and Italy.

Al (Talon) has already built the Dragoon missions and is working on Royal Navy carrier missions in the North Sea.

Italy will receive major treatment in ETO going forward.

Best Regards,

O-1

Talon
January 24th, 2009, 07:46
I'm doing some USN Carrier missions also in the N.Atlantic.There's no Norway in CFS3 but there is a location we can use for it that looks pretty good for what I plan on doing.

Talon

Allister
January 24th, 2009, 09:18
Allister, I am building Italy based Missions right now for release with the 1.2 update. Nonato will be helping me and we think you will love the missions package.

It is a good news for Italian side: I surely look forward to next release, thanks. Moreover I haven't CTD with ETO, otherwise MAW... probably is really a spawn issue, even if I can't solve it!

Led Zeppelin
January 24th, 2009, 11:27
Italy will receive major treatment in ETO going forward.
does this means that Cr42, SM79 or Br20 will be included one day for the june 1940 period against French Air Force?

Led Zeppelin
January 24th, 2009, 11:44
ok, found an answer to my question in the "ETO Italy theatre Missions (http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/showthread.php?t=8918)" thread!:wavey: