PDA

View Full Version : Is BritSim gone?

hurricane3
May 23rd, 2014, 05:34
I haven't been able to get on BritSim for a while now and haven't seen any posts about it ,does anyone know if it's gone for good this time?

dhazelgrove
May 23rd, 2014, 06:02
Has it been hacked?

"familypharma.com" sounds a mite suspicious to me.

Dave

kikas
May 23rd, 2014, 06:09
Its very hard to access, sometimes its works, sometimes its time out, you have to try, i managed to redownload most of austers and other goodies from there.

Dev One
May 23rd, 2014, 10:21
I have a feeling that its suffering from the overload situation SOH had some time back & it certainly refuses to open for me in France & has done so for some time. As a registered administrator for the site its a bit more than disappointing! I believe that another admin very close in distance to the owner has the same problem, so one just has to wait & hope that Rob can find the time to sort it out sometime.
Keith

Blackbird686
May 23rd, 2014, 15:02
I haven't been able to get into BritSim for a long time now. I thought it was an IE issue so I tried Firefox.... No joy...:frown-new: The site has been hacked before and if that's the case again, I'd be pretty frustrated with the whole bit. Hope they get it sorted, one way or another. I rather like that site with all it has to offer.

BB686:US-flag:

aeromed202
May 23rd, 2014, 17:21
Just there two days ago and each action took at least 30secs to happen on Chrome. Just checked and still the same, up and slow but worth the wait regardless:unitedkingdom:.

Motormouse
May 24th, 2014, 02:56
If you go through 'google' or similar their (Britsim) listing has been hijacked same way as SOH was a couple of years back,
this link works ----- > http://www.britsim.com/index.php/en/

Wot I mean by listing hijack -----> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Page_hijacking

ttfn

Pete

Mick
May 24th, 2014, 05:36
It's up right now.

I've noticed that they've been having trouble for the past couple weeks (at least.)

Sometimes it takes a really long time to come up, but eventually it does.

Sometimes it comes up normally.

Sometimes it produces an error page: "Internal Server Error."

I've been able to get in most days lately, but not every day. Sometimes I click on the link, then open another link in a new tab and do something else while BritSim loads - or not, as the case may be that day.

hurricane3
May 24th, 2014, 06:26
Thanks guys ,time will tell I guess.

hschuit
May 31st, 2014, 00:04
"BritSim is currently offline for a rebuild.Over the past few years the site has been victim to numerous hacking attempts and has on occasion been taken offline by them.The software that the site uses as a base is an open source CMS and is now very outdated and is no longer supported.To prevent the recent slow performance and to prevent these attacks from happening again I have decided to use another system as the sites base.This is likely to take a lot of work and with a full time job won't be an easy task.Keep an eye on the site for updates. I shall post them as and when available.
Rob29/5/14"

Duckie
May 31st, 2014, 06:14
Thanks very much for the update Rob. Look forward to the new site, whenever it may be ready.

Steve