PDA

View Full Version : Cloud 9 F-104 uninstall

SSI01
May 9th, 2014, 14:34
Greetings everyone. I've run into problems with the Cloud9 F-104 install on my computer. After trial and then purchase, the original install went fine. I picked up and installed the two add-on packs as well. My problems with this aircraft began when I had an overheat problem with my computer causing it to lock up on startup. After having maintenance done on it, and one of the drives partitioned so FSX could be installed (which caused the drives to be relettered by the computer), I got the machine back. FS9 and FSX all run fine, with the exception of the Cloud9 F-104, which was installed on FS9. I could start FS9 and access any aircraft in the sim without problem, with the exception of the F-104 pack, which in turn caused a CTD after any variant of this aircraft was chosen. I tried uninstalling the aircraft using the "uninstall" option in the installer package. This didn't remove any of the Cloud9 F-104 materials in the sim's folder - I had to do that manually or through the "Add/Remove Program" option in the control panel. For some reason, when I opened the "All Programs" window under "Start," and found the Cloud9 F-104 program, there was no "uninstall" option available - just an "empty" notation (don't know why this should be but yes, this add-on was legally purchased and installed!). I'm getting ready to reinstall the program using the installer - before I do, is there anything else in anyone's experience I should be doing to be sure this thing is wiped clean of the Cloud9 F-104 and the way cleared to have a clean reinstall?

Motormouse
May 10th, 2014, 00:20
Greetings everyone. I've run into problems with the Cloud9 F-104 install on my computer. After trial and then purchase, the original install went fine. I picked up and installed the two add-on packs as well. My problems with this aircraft began when I had an overheat problem with my computer causing it to lock up on startup. After having maintenance done on it, and one of the drives partitioned so FSX could be installed (which caused the drives to be relettered by the computer), I got the machine back. FS9 and FSX all run fine, with the exception of the Cloud9 F-104, which was installed on FS9. I could start FS9 and access any aircraft in the sim without problem, with the exception of the F-104 pack, which in turn caused a CTD after any variant of this aircraft was chosen. I tried uninstalling the aircraft using the "uninstall" option in the installer package. This didn't remove any of the Cloud9 F-104 materials in the sim's folder - I had to do that manually or through the "Add/Remove Program" option in the control panel. For some reason, when I opened the "All Programs" window under "Start," and found the Cloud9 F-104 program, there was no "uninstall" option available - just an "empty" notation (don't know why this should be but yes, this add-on was legally purchased and installed!). I'm getting ready to reinstall the program using the installer - before I do, is there anything else in anyone's experience I should be doing to be sure this thing is wiped clean of the Cloud9 F-104 and the way cleared to have a clean reinstall?

Don't know about wipe clean the Cloud9 installation, but it sounds like you're having problems with the add-on manager; you'll need to get the latest from FSdreamteam site; as the one included in the installer can be blocked 'false positive' by some a/v programs

ttfn

Pete