PDA

View Full Version : Aircraft I'd Like to add to my file

Vance
May 5th, 2014, 16:39
I may have to get off my duff and finally have to learn how to use my FSDS program.
F-16XL Scamp single and two seat models
TF-8A Crusader
TA-7 Corsair II
FJ-4B Fury
F4U-5N Corsair Night Fighter
F2H Banshee Series
Fouga/Aerospatiale CM-90 Super Magister
Cessna 177RG Cardinal
AH-1Z Viper
Other models of the Skyraider like the AD5-EW "Guppy"
AND
A radial engined version of the Sturmovich that was on the drawing board when the war ended.

Tom Clayton
May 5th, 2014, 18:58
Aeroplane Heaven has the Night Corsair (payware), but I don't know about any of the others.

AndyG43
May 5th, 2014, 21:57
Razbam covered off the Banshees and Skyraiders, the F2H in an "Expansion Set" and the Skyraiders in 2 volumes. Dreamfleet modelled the Cessna 177RG Cardinal and Area51 have modelled the AH-1Z.

The rest, frustratingly, have not been made for FS9; there were some F-16XLs in earlier versions of MSFS, but they don't work in FS9, and Razbam modelled the TA-7 (beautifully, I may add) in FSX but not for us luddites. SectionF8 were going to model all the Sabres, including the later Furies, but Jan Visser's retirement from the scene killed that one off.

Like you, all models I'd love to see, but I think it's unlikely we ever will. :-(

TARPSBird
May 6th, 2014, 01:41
For Navy aircraft I'd like to see the Martin AM-1 Mauler. One of those lesser-known aircraft that didn't last long in the fleet (unlike its contemporary the AD/A-1 Skyraider) but served well in the reserves. Early models of the P2V Neptune with nose and tail guns would be nice too. And I'll also put in my vote for the FJ-4B (AF-1E) Fury.

awj112
May 6th, 2014, 04:06
Area 51 has the AH-1Z Viper. Not bad for $20 US.

Vance
May 6th, 2014, 17:17
Guess that means I have some work to do. I forgot to include the Beechcraft Duke, Cessna CJ-1 Citation and C-117 for FS9 unless someone's already working on that one.

westjet
May 6th, 2014, 18:55
Guess that means I have some work to do. I forgot to include the Beechcraft Duke, Cessna CJ-1 Citation and C-117 for FS9 unless someone's already working on that one.
Eaglesoft has a very nice Cessna Citation CJ1 and Realair did the duke for FSX

jackryan172
May 7th, 2014, 06:22
I would really like to see the F/A/T-50 Golden Eagle, the Russian PAK-FA (also known as as the T-50) and the Taiwan AIDC F-CK-1 Ching-kuo. Id also like to see a realistic single seat weedhopper ultralight.

Sean

AndyG43
May 7th, 2014, 07:20
I would really like to see the F/A/T-50 Golden Eagle, the Russian PAK-FA (also known as as the T-50) and the Taiwan AIDC F-CK-1 Ching-kuo. Id also like to see a realistic single seat weedhopper ultralight.

Sean

I'm utterly astonished that nobody has ever modelled the Golden Eagle, surely it can only be a matter of time.

With regards the Ching-kuo, Ivan Hsu (Archisoft) was working on one; it looked like it was going to be quite impressive, but I haven't seen an update in ...well, forever really. AFAIK the only person who has ever modelled it is Itosan, way back in FS2002 days.