PDA

View Full Version : Sanders Sea Fury Accident

Smashing Time
April 28th, 2014, 06:28
http://www.pressdemocrat.com/article/20140427/articles/140429591

Blackbird686
April 28th, 2014, 07:33
The pilot of the Sea Fury T.Mk.20 was able to land his plane some 40 miles away at Eagle's Nest Airstrip. The other plane, a Cessna 210 went into the bay. There are rescue efforts under way but the fate of the Cessna pilot is still unknown, according to the story. These two pilots knew each other well and often flew together.

BB686

n4gix
April 28th, 2014, 07:35
So sad for the pilot of the a/c that lost one wing. My prayers go out for his remaining family.

Daveroo
April 28th, 2014, 09:56
strange..ive got this same info+ in the "this is what i feared" thread..wierd thing...i had changed the title to Dreadnaught involved in air to air...but it wouldnt stick...im still awaiting a call from phil wallick and sanders said they would email me more info...

StormILM
April 28th, 2014, 11:25
I've seen Dreadnaught in person and seen it fly. First time I saw it was in 1986. Sadly, these kid of accidents are an ever present risk when flying close formation.

Daveroo
April 28th, 2014, 13:48
I've seen Dreadnaught in person and seen it fly. First time I saw it was in 1986. Sadly, these kid of accidents are an ever present risk when flying close formation.

Dreadnaught,Argosy,september pops,Critical mass have all been to our local airport day,the Sanders allways come,but ofcourse critical mass is being rebuilt (it looks great in the photos)now..and it will be back to be based at Auburn,unless they sell it,Dwelle family have several AT-6s,and a TBM-700 which sounds so awesome as it passes over the house.

when Dwelle blew his fingers off,,i had my broken wrist and we sat together at PT,both with hand injuries,and of course i drilled him pretty good.my dad and i first met Brian Sanders at the last Madera airshow,got to see the Casa "He-111" there.....shame it crashed.

Blackbird686
April 29th, 2014, 03:53
I have been "Up close and personal" with the "Dreadnaught" and the "Argonaut". I have also seen "Cottonmouth" from a distance.... with it's original Bristol Centaurus radial. It has been years tho.

Still haven't heard if they found the Cessna pilot or know anything about his condition....

BB686

Daveroo
April 29th, 2014, 06:58
is "cottonmouth" the one based in the san fransico bay area?..Australian colors?

Dev One
April 29th, 2014, 07:32
I think the Sanders aircraft is one of these. Photo taken at Blackbushe in the 1970's. My father serviced the one in the middle after it became owned by Mike Stowe. Here they were owned by Doug Arnold I believe.
Sorry about the water damage!
Keith7526

Daveroo
April 29th, 2014, 07:51
i just recieved this from Brian Sanders.

Hello Dave,

Yes it was our 210. The pilot was crew chief on Dreadnought last year.

Thank you for your thoughts,

Brian