Where do I find this?

No Dice
April 25th, 2014, 15:19
Not Sure if this is what you are looking for, But look here:
http://www.thefreeflightsite.com/CFS2_scenery1.htm

Dave

highpockets
April 25th, 2014, 16:00
Not there. Rami refers to it in his Royal Australian Air Force readme instructions.

Rami
April 25th, 2014, 18:06
Highpockets,

Sorry, long day. Flew up to Maine, (Sanford) New Hampshire, (Skyhaven) and then back to Plymouth, staying west of Boston airspace and east of Manchester, NH airspace. Got bounced around a bit in clear-air-turbulence navigating by dead reckoning (good VFR conditions) and GPS.

Then, Erica wanted to go shopping, because she wanted matched luggage for her trip. :barf:

I saw your e-mail and will respond tomorrow, my friend.

Fibber
April 25th, 2014, 20:06
know where that is! Let me see, Oh there it is ...........7344

It is a Ludowise(Rhumbaflappy) texture, one of several he did.

Blood_Hawk23
April 25th, 2014, 21:10
Highpockets,

Sorry, long day. Flew up to Maine, (Sanford) New Hampshire, (Skyhaven) and then back to Plymouth, staying west of Boston airspace and east of Manchester, NH airspace. Got bounced around a bit in clear-air-turbulence navigating by dead reckoning (good VFR conditions) and GPS.

Then, Erica wanted to go shopping, because she wanted matched luggage for her trip. :barf:

I saw your e-mail and will respond tomorrow, my friend.

Dude, Sanford, ME is right near me. If I wasn't working we could have met up. Well the next time your up this way let me know.

highpockets
April 26th, 2014, 09:58
Fibber
Link is dead!

Fibber
April 26th, 2014, 10:04
Lets try this again... 7368

highpockets
April 26th, 2014, 10:52
Invalid attachment again.
I will search my own archives to see if I have it somewhere. I know it is Rhumba's work.
Thanks

Rami
April 26th, 2014, 11:01
Highpockets,

I think the files were at AvSim, but since that website is down, the files are hard to come by. Uploading them to SOH is not a good idea because it interferes with the newer water from 2008.

The problem is that about 90% of the airbases for the Pacific are built on the stock coastlines, making the "older" water files necessary for many of the campaigns and scenery which cannot utilize the new scenery. There's no real way around it.

Rhumbaflappy's older coastlines, as well as any flattens, go in as a layer BELOW the LOD 7 and LOD 8 files, if that makes sense.

kwb737
April 26th, 2014, 11:53
Highpockets,

I think the files were at AvSim, but since that website is down, the files are hard to come by. Uploading them to SOH is not a good idea because it interferes with the newer water from 2008.

The problem is that about 90% of the airbases for the Pacific are built on the stock coastlines, making the "older" water files necessary for many of the campaigns and scenery which cannot utilize the new scenery. There's no real way around it.

Rhumbaflappy's older coastlines, as well as any flattens, go in as a layer BELOW the LOD 7 and LOD 8 files, if that makes sense.

http://library.avsim.net/login.php

Fibber
April 26th, 2014, 11:57
..that they are also at Simviation under Ludowise. Well scratch that one, just checked and the file DOES NOT appear to be there.

highpockets
April 27th, 2014, 11:29
O.K. Guys I guess I am dense.
I cannot find the c2afrwater.zip in Avsim either. There is a c2nasiawater.zip.
Rami is that what you meant in your RAAF missions?
There are cfs2 watermasks, cfs2coast pacific, pactex water textures, stiz textures, NEW cfs2 waterzip, and the file above all that I found that could be used somewhere I guess.
Is there any reference as to what is what and where and when to use them?
Do I need two different PTO installs to run many of the PTO mission depending on if they need the old mesh or new? I think there is a thread somewhere that addresses that.
I think I am loosing it.
:banghead:

Blood_Hawk23
April 27th, 2014, 13:07
there is a Euro water as well.

http://www.thefreeflightsite.com/c2eurwater.zip

search for Richard Ludowise...

maybe that will help.

he had an Asian as well.

highpockets
April 27th, 2014, 15:40
c2afrwater.zip does exist.
I found it in my ETO archives. I don't know where it might be out there on the web though.

Rami
April 27th, 2014, 15:54
Highpockets,

I'm glad you found it. Sorry I didn't respond more quickly, it's been an incredibly busy few days.

highpockets
April 27th, 2014, 16:24
No problem Rami.
Now do I put it in RAAF(PTO) as area 12 in scenery.cfg or later after DEM 7 and 8.

kdriver
April 28th, 2014, 06:40
In the scenery.cfg file it will be the next layer down the list after the LOD 8 mesh, meaning it will be above LOD 8 mesh when installing via the scenery library after starting CFS 2.

If you decide to install Rhumba's Pacific coastal flattens, that layer goes above the Africa-South Asia water layer when installing via the scenery library.

The file used to be at AVSIM but for some reason is no longer there.

highpockets
April 28th, 2014, 12:10
kdriver
Thanks for the input. I have always be a bit confused when everyone was talking about "above" and "below" because I knew that the scenery.cfg file and the library in the sim were in a sense reversed. I was never sure which one they were referring to. I suppose if you always referred to the scenery.cfg file as to the location of a particular scenery install, then it should be clear.
I think I got it now. :adoration:

highpockets
April 28th, 2014, 12:19
kdriver
I think for simplicity, I am going to have two PTO installs--one with the old mesh and one with the new so I don't have any conflicts. I probably have enough missions in various theater install that I never will master them anyway. :dizzy:

kdriver
April 29th, 2014, 02:45
You're welcome Highpockets.

If the only difference in your proposed two installs is the mesh, why not simply activate or deactivate the mesh scenery layers when desired after starting a single PTO installation of CFS 2? You could even install Richard Ludowise's later watermasks to see how you like them. By activating one layer and deactivating the conflicting other layer(s) you can see the differences.

Kevin

highpockets
April 29th, 2014, 05:11
Hmmm! :applause: Good idea, hadn't thought of that. Lots less work for sure.
Thanks again.