PDA

View Full Version : Finally installed OrbX PNW in my P3Dv2 :)

Daube
April 19th, 2014, 10:13
Hi all,

Finally, with the new installer program for PNW that recognizes both FSX and P3D, I was able to install PNW into my P3Dv2. :jump:
The two payware airfields I had (Concrete and Darrington) also worked flawlessly, after I installed the P3Dv2-specific OrbX Libs.

However, I can't get the OrbX freeware AI traffic for PNW to work. At first, my flight loading screen got stuck at 86%. I thought I may have transfered some files incorrectly, so I deleted a few traffic files from the \scenery\world\scenery folder. The the flight loaded correctly, but I have absolutely no traffic at all. My AI traffic sliders are, of course, set to max.

What did I do wrong ?

falcon409
April 19th, 2014, 12:27
Hope you get it worked out Daube. I'm not big on AI traffic although it does add to the overall experience. I just wonder how long it will be before they have installers for the rest of the areas and the individual airports.

Daube
April 19th, 2014, 13:53
Normally I'm not such a fan of AI traffic either.
But for the PNW area, it's nice to see all these Cessnas and Pipers flying around the various airfields, and rolling to the parkings. It adds a lot of "life" to the places.
I was so used to it in FSX that I can really feel the "emptiness" in P3Dv2 now :/

Clutch Cargo
April 19th, 2014, 18:08
Not sure if this is related to your issue but several AI models that Orbx use are not compatible with P3Dv2.2. Some of the older HTAI models (think it was called HTAI). Anywho, they had some mention of this on their website forums so you might want to check there.

Daube
April 20th, 2014, 00:32
Well, I was *partly* aware of this. I saw that topic on the FTX forums telling about that Cessna model that would crash the sim when you would get too close to it.
But my problem was not a crash, it was a stuck loading. I cannot even reach the cockpit, it's stuck at 86% and doesn't move anymore. Then Windows asks me if I want to kill the app or if I want to wait for it to respond... :/

Also, I know that OrbX used FS9-format airplanes for their AI traffic. A very bad decision, in my opinion. (but ok, it's free, so we are not really allowed to complain...)
I was hoping that the display issues caused by the FS9 format of these planes would be gone in P3Dv2: props and canopies behind clouds, prop disk masking the autogen objects, etc...
But recently, I discovered that there is yet another bug that prevent the AI planes from having a shadow on the ground (shadow re-appears for all AI planes only if you are flying a FS9 plane).
So I guess I'll have to wait for another AI addon for that area.

Clutch Cargo
April 20th, 2014, 07:58
I'm thinking that the "stuck" you mentioned is the same s the crash for others. It gets to those certain AI models and freezes when trying to load them. I had to remove all single engine AI aircraft from HTAI. Those were the culprits. But I have many FS9 models working with no issues. Depends on the model I guess.

Actually it was a blessing in disguise for me as I started using high-end aircraft models, the one you normally would fly, and use them as my AI. I never would have even attempted this in FSX but P3D handles dozens of highly modeled aircraft at my airports with not even a hiccup. They look so good taxiing around. But it did take time to set this all up but that is part of the hobby for me.

AI shadows, yea I have seen that issue. Happens at some airports... not at others. I can live with it for now as I am getting so much immersion with all the other goodies I usually don't even miss 'em.