PDA

View Full Version : Autogen Video

falcon409
April 13th, 2014, 18:06
This is a short video to help ask the question: Does anyone else have autogen that looks like this (P3D_V2.2). I have no way of attaching a video via youtube (long story so take my word for it), so this is the only way to make it available.

https://app.box.com/s/zhahn3rpe3ugkrvgz7dg

CG_1976
April 13th, 2014, 21:34
Ok I had to watch your clip about 6 times to make sure. I took my Aerosoft Twin Otter up around 4200ft out of CYVQ for CYXY. I can report my AG was in a radius radius surrounding my AC of about 10 mile circle. In conclusion I am seeing what you are in the video and that with a AMD system and 2G GT610 W8 64. Also tested in P3DV1.4 and results yielded where the same with V2.2.

Daube
April 14th, 2014, 00:37
Same here, Falcon.
I haven't tested with pop_free_autogen set to zero, though...

CG_1976
April 14th, 2014, 03:21
Same here, Falcon.

pop-free ag to 0???? Now I am curious?

falcon409
April 14th, 2014, 04:25
Same here, Falcon.
Almost forgot about that one Daube. I did try it and it really made no difference in the distance that the autogen displayed at. I was curious so I went back to FSX to check as well and it is the same in FSX. . .about 10 miles seems to be the limit of viewable autogen, even with those sliders at max. I did notice that the concentration of autogen trees per cell is much greater in P3D than in FSX, even though the sliders are set below the "max". Looks like this was something that was/is the norm and until I really started looking closely at P3D to detect any problems, it was something I hadn't really paid much attention to. Thanks to everyone who took the time to check this out. I appreciate it!!

Daube
April 15th, 2014, 09:58
Falcon, I was editing my Prepar3D.cfg and I found these lines in the [SCENERY] section:

[SCENERY]
POP_FREE_AUTOGEN=1
AUTOGEN_BATCH_LOD=2
AUTOGEN_TREE_MAX_DRAW_DISTANCE=9500.000000
AUTOGEN_TREE_MIN_DISTANCE_TO_LOD=2500.000000
IMAGE_COMPLEXITY=5

tree max draw distance ??.... that sounds sweet. I wonder what would happen if I would double that value :D

PS: If you don't see me in 10 minutes, it means my computer exploded.

Daube
April 15th, 2014, 10:18
Ok I made some tests.
It looks like these values concern the maximum distance at which a tree can exist, and the maximum distance at which it starts to appear (smoothly if the pop_free_autogen is set).
However, the values can't be pushed more than a certain level. The sim will always bring them back to their max admitted values:

AUTOGEN_TREE_MAX_DRAW_DISTANCE=12000.000000
AUTOGEN_TREE_MIN_DISTANCE_TO_LOD=10500.000000

I'm not totally satisfied with these settings. The trees appear just a little bit further away than before, but not much. Also, they appear in blocks, like in FSX, which is not nice. I'm probably going to revert to the default values.