PDA

View Full Version : Engine Torque Effect

_486_Col_Wolf
April 10th, 2014, 09:35
Does anyone know how to correct a plane with the wrong direction torque effect? New plane I D/L'd pulls to the right on the ground and rolls to the right when in flight. The prop is turning clockwise (as seen by the pilot) but it still pulls the wrong way. Is this something in the AIR file?

AER_DaddyO
April 10th, 2014, 15:26
_486_Col_Wolf..

Not sure what type of aircraft is involved, but if it's a single engine CFS2, open your aircraft.cfg file, and look for something similar to the following entry:

[propeller]
thrust_scalar=1.0
rotation = -1.0
propeller_blades= 2.0

rotation = 1.0 [a positive value] will set prop direction and torque effect counter clockwise, or to the left.
rotation = -1.0 [a negative value] will set prop direction and torque effect clockwise, or to the right.

I am guessing that your aircraft.cfg has it's rotation = -1.0. A change to rotation = 1.0 might cure the problem.

Also, something else I have noticed, a modified GSL file can visually reverse the original prop direction, but not alter the torque effect.

Hope this helps! AER_DaddyO

"Don't just stand there... get one up!"

Sarg Willy
April 10th, 2014, 19:33
Is section 1513 present in the air file , one place to check ,

_486_Col_Wolf
April 12th, 2014, 08:39
Thanks Sarge. Ill check both fixes.

_486_Col_Wolf
April 12th, 2014, 09:12
Sarge,

Changing the prop rotation from -1 to 1 solved the torque effect but the prop now spins counterclockwise from pilots view. But this is something I can live with LOL. Section 1513 is present in the AIR file also, so this has no effect. thanks again!