PDA

View Full Version : Thank you Captain Sim!

papab
April 8th, 2014, 19:43
I just want to express my utmost thanks for the great support I have been getting with Captain Sim and their L-1011
I upgraded to the V1.1 several days ago and almost immediately was getting CTD..

I simply made a comment in a thread , that was already posted in their forums, about this issue and the next day I received an email from CS, without my requesting one, with a suggested fix with a new .dll file attached....
I had not filed a support ticket..

I followed their instructions in the email and sent a log file ,that the new .dll file generated, back to CS last night
Tonight I received another unsolicited email from CS with a newer .dll file and the CTD's are now gone and everything is great!!!
I am sure that they will post a SP for others that have this problem, their were only 3 of us that commented in the forum thread about CTD..

With some of the negative press CS has received in the past, I just want everyone to know what great support/service that I just received from CS

Thanks CaptainSim!!!

BTW- the new L-1011 base package in fantastic, great visuals in the VC, nice and crisp on my rig....

Rick
Tampa, FL

Naismith
April 8th, 2014, 23:54
That is refreshing, usually they get slammed in the forums. Good to hear +ve reports too.

Blackbird686
April 9th, 2014, 04:21
For what it's worth... I've NEVER had a problem with Cap'n Sim. Always got solutions to my questions.... Always thought they were a good bunch.

BB686

vonstroheim
April 9th, 2014, 14:24
Yes Captain Sim deserve a bit of sympathy, life in Kiev must be difficult these days. And the CS L-1011 is quite a winner. By the way it is 10 euro cheaper. And if you bought the beta version back in 2013, it's an additionnal 10 euro discount.

http://img15.hostingpics.net/pics/3152572014491888844.jpg

BWIA West Indies by Corina Meyer & Matt Wynn @ avsim

http://img15.hostingpics.net/pics/18405020144918115514.jpg

I'm still using the Just Flight Tristar VC, but at this price, I'll buy the full CS version without second thoughts.

fsafranek
April 11th, 2014, 07:55
Fine looking airplane.
:ernaehrung004:

Did they model the version bulge for the with the bar down below? PSA flew that one back in the day.

Matt Wynn
April 11th, 2014, 10:30
BWIA West Indies by Corina Meyer & Matt Wynn @ avsim

glad you like her! Corina tested this paint for me (she acts as my personal beta tester... perk of experience I guess.....) and i told her "If you are happy with it, then feel free to upload it", always good to see ones work being enjoyed! i also did the entire history of schemes for G-BBAF, but i don't know if Corina uploaded those ones :biggrin-new: will have to see if she found any issues....

spotlope
April 11th, 2014, 17:07
You really did a nice job with that livery, Matt. I'm not an L-1011 fan, but I'd fly those colors!