PDA

View Full Version : DTXbmp help needed

Daveroo
March 30th, 2014, 15:58
im trying to use dtxbmp to reduce the whatchamacallit to a resolution (?) my pc will handle..all of my planes work fine except for the carenado B1900D,with it i get the dreaded OOM ping,i used DTXbmp a bit ago on the era alaska paint..used DTX5,but seemed that that setting was the same..but should i try dtx3 or even 1?....someone in another thread said to make them 1024x1024...but how do you change it?..what is dtx3 or dtx1..seems to me dtx5 is 2810x2810 or something like that,

HEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEELP.................please.

Paul Anderson
March 30th, 2014, 16:35
Don't have the Carenado B1900D, I'm guessing you might have 4096 textures. Whenever I see that, I change the dxtbmp editor to freeware program Image Analyser (from MeeSoft) and send the image and then the alpha to the analyser prorgram (remember to reload after edit for the image, and refresh alpha after edit, then save as DXT5). Within Image Analyser under operations/size & orientation/resize, change to desired size save, exit, and reload as previously mentioned).
I have found Image Analyser to be the best freeware I've tested so far for not losing image quality (ie. not Photo Filter, etc.) when resizing.
Hope this helps.

Not having the B1900D, may be a problem with glass cockpit which I assume it has (they bog my old system down).
(not bashing, but I remember buying a twin engine from Iris that was unflyable for me until I turned off the electrics, they said 'too many draw calls' and might redo, never did, never bought another from them)